Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Crappy Customer Service & Melt in your Mouth Truffles

A congrats to Andrea of Superhero Designs on the birth of her beautiful son Benjamin. I am actually jealous, because she gave birth earlier than her due date, when my son, probably has no intentions of showing up any time early...! However, my friend Jennie emailed me last night to tell me that she had a dream about me the night before, that I gave birth this upcoming Saturday. So unless my son decides to drop tonight or tomorrow, and put me into labor, then I don't think it'll be this Saturday! I bet the chances of Sean being born on Saturday are as good as my chances of winning Loto Quebec's Super 7 this Friday night with the two free tickets I got as my winnings from last week. What is funny is that Andrea's newborn son Benjamin was born at 6 lbs 12 oz, which is EXACTLY what I'm hoping Sean will be. I keep joking because I was born at 6 lbs 11 oz, and Jamie was born at 6 lbs 13 oz, so I thought it would be cute if Sean were smack in the middle, born at 6 lbs 12 oz... Maybe he will be, who knows. I asked the doctor on Monday if he could even give me an approximate weight - and he could not.

In other news, my grandmother loaned me a hoop today. She thinks that's what it's called, for my Cross Stitch project:

While this hoop has proven to make things A LOT easier, I still don't think Cross Stitch is for me. I guess we'll see how I feel when this project is done. It's just a really long process, and a lot of counting. I have worked on this a lot tonight (put the knitting on the back burner, so I can get my mother this very belated Mother's Day gift sometime before 2006 ends and my son is born), progress picture tomorrow.

I got my recently ordered amazon.ca order, with the gift certificate I received, and received the 365 Knitting Stitches a Year Perpetual calendar, which I have to say starts the year off and ends the year with the color PURPLE. Oh - just my fave color in the whole entire world. CAN YOU HEAR MY SARCASM? People - I hate purple! LOL. Here's proof.... Thank goodness only the first 9 days of the year are purple swatches... it then goes into shades of blue. I like blue.

In my order also came the two novels WICKED and SON OF A WITCH by Gregory Maguire. I can't wait to eventually get to read them. Thank you Telus. At least you made ONE customer happy.

Jamie came home tonight from work with some gifts from suppliers. Gosh, I love Xmas. He brought home a bottle of wine (Oh, I can't wait to have wine again), and he brought home TRUFFLES. The most delicious, melt in your mouth, they're so good you think you've gone to heaven and back, truffles. And you know what my friends? I'm NOT a chocolate person, I personally don't care for chocolate. I do not know what this pregnancy has done to me. At first Jamie came into my office while I was watching a movie (more about that in a minute) and told me try one. I shoo-ed him away. He said "No, no, really... you have to try these, don't you trust me?" I said "Honey, it's chocolate." He said, "No, no, trust me"... so I trusted him. And grabbed a handful more before he went back into the other room to watch the Habs kick Boston's ass 4-3 tonight. (What's up with ) Tomorrow, thought, the Canadiens will hold their 42nd annual visit to two Montreal-area children's hospitals. I wish I could be there, it must be a pleasure to see smiles on those kids faces. Also - before tonight's game started, there was a moment of silence to honor Gainey's daughter, and you couldn't hear a whisper from the sellout crowd of 21,273 during the 30 seconds or so of silence. To quote: "I'm sure that Bob was watching the game and he was touched by that," said Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau, who has been in daily contact with his friend and GM since he left the team on Saturday. "I think tonight, maybe Bob will go to bed with a smile." If you don't know what happened, here's the story:

Canadiens GM Bob Gainey, who has taken a leave of absence from the team to be with his family following the disappearance of his 25-year-old daughter Laura, who went overboard from a tall ship about 700 kilometres off the coast of Cape Cod on Friday night. The search was officially suspended on Monday evening.

- So sad. My thoughts are with the Gainey family. What a tragedy.

This afternoon (after sleeping in until noon today, I crashed last night after the lack of sleep from the night before), I went to go see Bon Cop, Bad Cop with my grandmother. I LOVED this movie. First off, I don't recommend anyone in the Montreal area who is in their 9th month of pregnancy to attend a movie at the Dollar Cinema. SO UNCOMFORTABLE.

The movie, though, was excellent.

Synopsis: Martin Ward (Colm Feore) and David Bouchard (Patrick Huard) couldn't be more different: one speaks English and is from Toronto, and the other is a francophone from Quebec. One obeys the law, the other makes his own. When they are forced to work together on an investigation whose geographic jurisdiction is as mysterious as the motive of the crime they are out to solve, their differences both threaten the investigation and help pierce its mystery. (The film is 50% in English and 50% in French.)

There are subtitles for those who don't speak french. I definitely recommend you seeing this movie. I told Jamie he HAS to see it.

Then this evening, on my computer, I watched The Devil Wears Prada, which I downloaded from Torrentspy.com. It was the full movie, excellent clarity. It's amazing what you can download off the internet. What a cute movie. Chick flick, for sure.

Today, I finally made my mother-in-law's Minestrone Soup Recipe. I think it came out quite good. Jamie will be having some for lunch tomorrow, so I'll wait for his reaction. He'll be my critic!

Tonight I watched the season finale of Nip/Tuck. What a messed up show. I wonder what will happen next season, now that the characters are moving on to California, instead of Miami, where they have been for the last 4 years/4 seasons of the show.

I want to leave you tonight with this beautiful image. If I ever need a center piece, I'm definitely getting styrofoam balls and making some of my own. What a fun project!

No comments: