Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy April Fool's Day

Jamie went with his uncle to a cousin's house today to pick up a loveseat that they were throwing out since they got new couches. Now... if it doesn't de-smell (it has a funky smell, I'm going to try Febreeze) and if I can't find a couch cover that fits (I'm going to try Ikea, Deco Decouvert or Walmart maybe) then it's going in the garbage. It is in MUCH better condition (minus the funky odor right now) than our couches in the basement. If Jazz didn't have claws, then new couches wouldn't be out of the question! Zeus decided to make himself comfy on the new couch before we put the pillows down. I guess the funky smell doesn't bother him! (I don't even understand why they smell, but Jamie says the apartment had a funky odor to it as well...)

After discovering today that our fireplace is removable, I've decided that this house isn't too small for a 2nd child. I was totally under the impression that we'd have to move before having any more kids, but our den can be converted into a 2nd child's nursery, or Sean's big boy room, and in that case, we'd re-do the basement. (It's a finished basement, but it could be re-done, and the huge closet can be torn down for more space (who needs the dirty old closet anyhow!?) and our fireplace can be put in downstairs, carpet could go down, walls could be repainted and possibly re-done - and then we'd have a family room where the kids can play, tv can be watched, and we'd have a 2nd child's bedroom upstairs.

My parents came over today for brunch, and it was really good to see them, and of course they only came to see Sean... what else is new. When you have a kid - it's all about the kid... people forget who you are... or do they? My dad thought of me... he knew I had this tiny little computer screen in my office, and I've been squinted to see it, etc... and he brought me a present.....

This was my old 15" computer monitor (Yes flat screen. Not sure if it's LCD - I'm not sure what the difference is.... - adn yes, those are a bunch of stitch makers by the computer monitor)...

And this is my brand new 19" widescreen flatscreen monitor. Apparently my dad needs my little tiny 15" screen for somewhere that this 19" won't fit or something, so I'm not complaining. Thank you dad! I was TOTALLY not expecting this!

Sean fell asleep earlier on his changing table just after a diaper change. I think this kid was wiped out! That frog hanging - that's Leap. He sings the alphabet, and even though the alphabet is GREAT learning for Sean - I'm damn annoyed with this little toy... it's sooo annoying - but of course Sean LOVES it, and cooes at it - and hopefully he'll learn his ABC's in due time from having listened to this frog over and over and over and over and over and over again.

No knitting today. I did show the apartment to two different people. At 2:00 pm, this woman came to view the apartment for her friend who is from out of town. She brought with her daughter who is 1 day younger than Sean. What a cutie. Can't remember the daughter's name for the life of me, but it was definitely something unique - that's for sure. My parents watched Sean while I showed the apartment the first time, since Jamie was out picking up the smelly couch. Showed the apartment at 2:30pm with Sean in my arms.... he fell asleep in my arms though - that was good. He was over-tired I'm so sure of it. He'd been up all morning. The 2:30pm appointment was with 3 McGill students, (they'll be 4 of them living together) and they fillled out an application right on the spot. However.... even though they are interested in the apartment, I have no idea how to do a background check on 4 people who aren't from Montreal, (1 is Canadian from B.C., and the rest are American (2 from NY and 1 from MA). They do not work, and their mommies & daddies pay for everything. They emailed back stating that they discussed it with the 4th roomie who didn't come with them and they want the place. Oy - where to even start.... I'm not 100% sure this is a good idea, but they assured me that they are very serious about their schooling, and they do drink but aren't hard partiers, and will be very respectful, etc.... Anyhow, I've tossed them an email with some questions, and I want their R.A.'s number (they're all currently living in residence (different ones) at McGill), so I want to call all their RA's to get feedback on them. What are they like? How do they behave? Are they loud? Respectful? Clean? Messy... that sort of thing. Anyhow - we'll see what happens when they email me back... and I have to see how to go forth and check them out. This may be a bigger pain in my ass than it should be... but it could mean I've found some tenants who won't be moving for the remainder of their 3 years at McGill, and I would have piece of mind that they won't be moving out any time soon...

Today Jamie & I did a marathon of Prison Break Season 2. I think we ended off at the end of Episode 14. I believe we have 6 more to catch up to - with what's on TV currently. We're addicted. Can't wait to watch more! No knitting today - but I did make all my stitch markers for my stitch marker swap that I hosted. As my partners receive their stitch markers, I will post them on my blog. As I receive mine, I will post those as well on my blog.

Last week was the season finale to L Word, but I'm 4 episodes behind so I've gotta catch up episodes 9-12. In other TV news, Sopranos starts its final episodes next Sunday, April 8th. Boy am I looking forward to that. Big Love - another HBO show, starts up again with Season 2 on June 17th (one day after my birthday). Nip/Tuck Season 5 starts on September 4th, the airdate has been released. Not really sure what else is going on .... but those are the shows that I've looked into recently, because I watch them, and was wondering when they'd be coming back on TV. Yeah, I'm a TV junkie - but you know what?? It's also knitting time - most of the time!

Alright - tomorrow is going to be a long day - we're at Jamie's aunt & uncle's house tomorrow night for the first night of Pesach. Tuesday night - the 2nd night of Pesach we'll be at my parents house, but with Jamie's dad & step-mom, so we get to see everyone this year. It was really nice of my parents to invite Jamie's dad & step-mom. Sean will be sporting his Kippah that I made him (if only he had longer hair so that it could clip to his hair and stay!) and his new bib... (you'll see a photo tomorrow night! I'll have to wash it Tuesday morning so he can re-wear it Tuesday night to my mom's house - it's just too darn cute). Because I don't cook passover dishes, and my house isn't kosher, I picked up an apple cake and an apple peach cake which are kosher for Pesach. I can't decide which one to bring tomorrow night and which one to bring Tuesday night. The apple peach sounds good - but it's kosher for pesach, so I don't really know how good it could be!? LOL... I'll let you know! There is a Habs game Tuesday night against Boston, I hope there is a tv on (on silent of course) so we can know the score during the seder! (Shhh!) I go back to this kids table this year at my parents house, since I'll be sitting next to Sean. I'd finally gotten to the adult table - lol.. but this year, not so much! That's okay, I'd rather hang out with my kid at the kid's table. Problem though - Sean's the youngest one there, and he doesn't speak yet.... so does that mean that the 2nd youngest still has to do the 4 questions? I'll guess we'll find out, eh?! Chag Sameach to those who celebrate!

5 comments:

Drea said...

Sean sleeps the way Caleb sleeps. I went into Calebs room last night to grab something... and noticed he had his arms like that :-)
Even at 2 1\2 he sleeps that way!
So cute.
Taite sometimes does.. but he likes to curl up more. He sleeps on his side curled up into a ball.

K. said...

Happy Passover Robyn! Will I see you on wednesday though?

Robin said...

I've got a 19" monitor too and I love it. I even watch TV on it too when I'm in my office/knitting room! That was a nice surprise for your dad to get you!

g-girl said...

yay for the new monitor! I'd be concerned about the college students myself..do you want to rent out to 4 people as opposed to just 1 or 2? The good thing would be that they would remain there for the duration of their time @ McGill. thanks for all the updates on when the new seasons are starting..didn't know about nip/tuck or big love (my sister's a fan). entourage starts back up april 8 and weeds starts back up this month too. :) I can't wait!

Jenny said...

That picture of him passed out on the changer is soo cute! Like he just couldn't keep his eyes open for one more second!