Sunday, March 29, 2015

I Believe in the Impossible

impossible

This yarn by Fab Funky Fibres on Etsy is way cool. I saw it on Instagram and had to get a skein for myself. The colorway is called I believe in the impossible. I have to say, the service from this seller in the UK was quick and I recommend her. I wanted something bright & cheerful for spring ad this was just perfect. I should be working on other socks but I had to cast on these and I kept knitting to see what color (of 23 colors) came next! These are awesome. I added in black for the heel & toe as I find it makes the rest pop. Also, this allows me to make the skein stretch further. After weighing my leftovers, I have 50g left, enough to make another pair. I can’t believe I finished these in exactly 2 weeks. The last time I made a pair of socks (for hubby) it took almost 4 years. I had a bad case of second sock syndrome.

impossible1

impossible2 impossible3

I made sure to start the 2nd sock in the exact same spot as the 1st sock, so they’re an identical match! I’m debating making the 2nd pair from this skein matching or mis-matched. And I’m thinking about doing it with a hot pink heel & toe…

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! I just taught myself 2aat on magic loop, which would help with that sss! I don't have that issue, I always do the second, but my gauge would sometimes be so different on the second one. My last two pairs came out ridiculously different in size somehow...

Cloudberry said...

Love these!
The stripes are so bright and cheerful! Need to check out her shop :)

Teena in Toronto said...

I love the colours!

Monica said...

having seen these in person they are fantastic!! And they will look even more adorable with pink heels and toes

g-girl said...

wow! these are fantastic. I am a sucker for stripes. :)