Saturday, January 04, 2014

Mom’s Lumio Hats

hatstart1

These Lumio hats are a ridiculously quick knit. After seeing my store sample hat, my mom wanted two for dog walking. One in black, and one in blue. I’ve previously made her a black and a blue cowl, so she wanted one to match each of her cowls. My parents have a Great Dane named Bosco and she wanted these hats for when she dog walks. This yarn has reflective bits in it, so people can see her at night (not that they would miss the dog…)

sideview momsblacklumio

She also requested no pom pom on the hat (it still looks cute without the pom pom) since she sometimes puts her hood on when it’s extremely cold (which kind of defeats the purpose of having a reflective hat, if she’ll put on a hood… but anyhow)!

momslumio momlumiohat

I knit up one on the evening of January 1st, and the other during the evening of January 2nd. I used my 10mm addis (16”) – which I love, and they were way too fast to knit. The blue hat is 81g and the black hat is 87g. I knit them both to the exact same length, so I am not sure why one hat weighs 6g more than the other. That kind of baffles me. Maybe one I weaved in more in length on the ends, or something.

I hope she likes them!

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I'll have to make a couple of these too :)

Celia said...

Very nice! I think I prefer it without the pom-pom, too.