Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Rainbow Twist

twist1 twist3

I recently finished Rainbow Twist as a store sample. It was a quick knit, using up 63% of  a skein of Katia New Nepal on US17/12mm needles. This was a fun afternoon project, very quick to knit. I haven’t ever done a 14 stitch cable before - that was quite interesting!

twist4 twist5

These would make up great Christmas gifts for friends, family or your child’s teacher.

twist6

You start with a provisional cast on so that you can have live stitches at the end to join the end by grafting it shut. This is not the first time I’ve done grafting with a provisional cast on, and I absolutely love the end result. This one is a win-win!

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

It looks so cozy!

Celia said...

I have never even heard of a cable that big. It makes for a pretty cool effect, so I may have to try that sometime.