Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Start of a Collection

gap4me

After knitting a Gaptastic for my friend Melissa in this exact colorway, I had to knit one for myself too. I just love it. It’s neutral and goes with everything. I used just under 70% of the 200g of Marble Chunky (my project weighs 136g) and I knit it to 10” instead of the 15” that the pattern calls for. I find the 15” too chunky/wide. I didn’t want it to be too heavy and I find that 10” is a perfect gaptastic length for me. I love this infinity scarf so much that I have already cast on another neutral color one, and I have plans to make a bunch more in other colors that I’ve had my eye on. I adore wearing infinity scarves all winter, and we have long winters here in Montreal. I hope to knit them over the summer to have them all ready for my fall wardrobe. For sure I am making one in a purple, in a blue-green and I think there is a green one too that I want. The one I just started after finishing this one is beige. I love this project because it’s a great project to work on while talking to others… at my son’s hockey or baseball games, out with friends, at a family member’s house, at a knitting guild meeting, etc…

Have you knit a Gaptastic? If so, how many have you knit?

mygap

No comments: