I got this skein of yarn, 6 and a half years ago, in a swap I was in. The dyer of this yarn has passed away, so it’s a one of a kind skein, and I cannot get any more of this yarn. I have about 260 yards to work with. I’ve cast on 2 projects with this yarn, but have frogged both of them. Because it’s a one of a kind skein, it had to be the perfect project. And I finally found one.
I cast on Thursday night at knit/crochet night.
And as of dinner time last night, I had done about 30% of the hat. As of this morning, I’d say I’m about 50%, maybe 55% done. I just hope it fits… It seems like it might just be a tad tight… It’s flying off the needles, and I think it might just be the perfect pattern. I should have a finished object soon. I went through a phase at the beginning of this year with reading going a lot more quickly than my knitting, but I’m finally getting back on track with my knitting, I guess because I found a project that I actually want to knit. (Same way with reading – when I find I really get into a book, it gets read a lot quicker). Hopefully it was just a phase, where I was just knitting at knit/crochet night, and neglecting it otherwise. It was probably because there haven’t been any projects lately that I have wanted to work on at home as well.