Sunday, April 07, 2013

Holy Crap, I’m Bathing in a Rose

delfinparis

This book was absolutely hysterical. I had not read any past entries from Delfin Paris’ blog, but I got right into the collection of stories and it’s humor sucked me in. I have the same type of sense of humor, so I laughed out loud at most of the book. There are 100 stories/chapters including the Forward which are diary style entries and which are the “best of” stories from his blog. Delfin found 25 readers form his blog to help him edit these stories for his book. Delfin is blunt, honest, and tells you like it is. He doesn’t hold anything back and gives you a look into his life, without sugar coating anything or making it seem like his life is perfect. I like his style of writing his stories, and he makes it fun and easy to read. There are images in the book, which are for the most part hysterical, and I find it adds that little extra something to the book. I liked the rawness to his truths, and feel that if I were in the same city as Delfin, that we’d be friends. After reading his book, I feel like I have known him forever, that’s the sense he gives off. I also loved that I could click on the links in the book and right on my kindle, read more into what he was talking about with a back story to the current story. That was pretty neat, and I’ve never done that before in something I was reading.

If you’re looking for some laughs and maybe a good cry too (but a good one, not in a bad way), then you should definitely pick up a copy of Holy Crap, I’m Bathing in a Rose (though I’m not really sure what the title of the book has to do with anything – please help me understand this one, Delfin!) You can buy Delfin’s book for under 3$ on Amazon here.

2 comments:

g-girl said...

Maybe it's the cover art that was selected? That's why he feels like he's bathing in a rose.

Celia said...

That looks pretty funny.