Friday, December 13, 2013

Jada

My cousin Caryn, the amazing Sun News Host of Right Now with Caryn Lieberman, asked me to knit up some hats for her adorable 3 month old daughter, Jada, after seeing the one that I made for Maya. This is what I came up with:

photo 1 flowerhatjada

I whipped up another Roar (without the spikes) hat, and added a flower instead, just like I did for Maya’s hat. The flower is curtsey of my awesome friend Eugenie, who kindly made the flower. I added the flower via a button to the hat, so that the flower is removable. Here is my projected on Ravelry. After making two of these hats, I still have plenty of yarn leftover to probably make another 2-3 hats if I have any more little girls to make some for. The entire hat is about 32g of yarn.

pomhatjada jadahat1 

I also made a Pompom Bear hat for her. My ravelry project is here. I absolutely love working with Berroco Vintage (this one is the colors line as they have a solid line as well). It’s a washable yarn, acrylic/wool/nylon mix, which is a durable mix. The hat used up 39g and each pompom is 5g, for a total of 49g (half a skein). I didn’t knit the hat to the 7” as written in the pattern, as I find that it makes it too long/tall and looks a bit big, so I knit this one to 6”. I have made this hat twice before, once knitting it as written in the pattern and knitting up a 2nd one with some alterations (for Quentin when he was a baby).

Jada looks adorable in both hats. I hope she wears them well! Now off to go tackle some WIPs that are long over due to be done!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that flower. I am always on the lookout for new flower patterns. The color combo is nice. And the purple hat is just so much fun.

Love of Cuteness

Celia said...

What a perfect model! Adorable.

I love the pom pom hat. I'm glad to see Roar looks good in multiple sizes.

Teena in Toronto said...

Those hats are just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too cute!

g-girl said...

love the detachable flower on that hat! i love the pompom bear hat too. :)