Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Calvillos

alexiacalvillo

Yesterday, a local kitchen accessories store was having a book signing for Anthony & Alexia Calvillo for the new cookbook they have out. A Calvillo fan, I had to go check it out. (Ok, it’s more than a fan-thing… it’s a slight crush-thing).

anthonycalvillo

The Calvillo’s are very nice. They live in my neighborhood, and Sean took swimming lessons with their daughter Athena back in 2010. I got his autograph back then after weeks of chickening out in the family locker room after swimming lessons.

calvillosqandi

Quentin was playing shy with the Calvillos, it was cute. Their daughters were there as well while they were doing the signing. Since I came towards the end and it was quiet there, we chatted for a bit. It was a very cool afternoon, and I cannot wait to try some of the recipes in their cookbook.

3 comments:

Taci simmons said...

How fun !

Spinner said...

That sounds like so much fun! Many years ago Jamie Oliver did a signing at our local book store. I got his autograph and he kissed my left cheek. I will be smitten for life :) Happy cooking. Do share your favourites, especially if the kids eat them. Always looking for new ideas!

Celia said...

Oh, that's so cool!