Friday, July 18, 2014

How my garden grows

I’ve been meaning to post about my garden. I haven’t had the time until now to sit down and write a post. I finally found 10 minutes. (And I probably should be doing something else, but I didn’t want this to be too outdated!)

These photos are from June:

curlylettucejuneromainjune

Curly lettuce (left) & Romaine lettuce (right)

  snowpeasjunegreenbeansjune    

Snow peas (left) & green beans (right).

tomatoesjune tomatoessidejune

Tomatoes section. (I planted grape, cherry & larger tomatoes).

zukecukesidejune zukecukejune

Cucumbers & zucchini section is against the brick wall almost all the way down the entire plot of the 24 foot garden. I planted 2 or 3 kinds of cucumbers & one type of zucchini.

peppersjune radishloot

Peppers (left) (some green, and maybe we’ll be surprised with another color, as my sister-in-law gave us 2 pepper plants, but wasn’t sure what color they were) & raddish loot (right)

These photos below are from two weeks ago already:

curlylettucejulyromainlettucejuly 

Curly lettuce (left) & Romaine lettuce (right)

backwallsidejulybackwalljuly   

Cucumbers & zucchini section doing very well against the back wall.

pepperssectionjulypeppersjuly 

Pepper section. So far all the know still is the green pepper plants… the other plants haven’t started to grow any peppers yet. Maybe soon!

snowpeasjulygreenbeansjuly 

Snow peas (left) & green beans (right). The snow peas have been producing and we’ve been eating them right off the plant already. The green beans are now almost ready to pick some to steam as a side dish for dinner!

tomatoessectionjulytomatoesjuly

The tomato section. We have a lot of tomatoes growing finally. I actually ate 1 red grape tomato already and it was beyond delicious. I cannot wait for more to come!

I’ll be back soon with another garden update to show you what new we’ve gotten since I took these pics (which are about 2 weeks old now).

Are you growing anything delicious in your garden?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks amazing! I wish I could have a garden!

Kerry said...

You are absolutely amazing! I don't know how you find the time to add farmer to your already long list of jobs! ;-) We're growing some red bell peppers, cukes, grape tomatoes, regular large tomatoes, basil, lavender, strawberries, and zucchini. All in pots on the patio. The strawberries are getting pretty big and are mostly red now. Should be ready to eat soon. Yum! Really want to plant some lettuce so we can have salads right from home! Hope your garden continues to grow beautifully!

Caroline said...

Yum! I wish I had a garden!

Spinner said...

I'm with Kerry - HOW do you do it all? Such a beautiful, healthy, awesome garden you've made. I always "mean" to plant tomatoes and then only remember when I read inspiring posts like this one! Fresh off the vine tomatoes are the best - enjoy!

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! You're quite the farmer!

g-girl said...

Your garden this year looked great! Romaine lettuce, snow peas, green beans, nice. :)