Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In 3's

Why is it that things in life always happens in 3's?

1. Friday on his way home, Jamie's muffler fell off his car. He had to get his car towed to the dealership and when he called Visa Roadside Assistance he found out our visa was changed and we don't have that service anymore. (I'm already looking into getting it back). This all, was the better part of what happened next.

2. We had some excitement over the weekend at casa Knit & Purl Mama. We had a little fire in the house. I can now say I know what it looks like when my husband's on fire. In the literal sense. He's okay, thankfully. We need a new dining room set though, as the table got burned a little, and 2 chairs as well. It'll be a while before we have fondue in our house again. And we've had it MILLIONS of times with another couple. It was our "thing" we did with them. And if there was a Habs game on... even better. All 4 of us are huge Habs fans. We were all done dinner, and Sean had asked for some more fondue. Since Jamie thought that the fuel was out, he went to pour more in, and it blew up in flames. The bottle in his hand caught on fire, and when he jumped up, the bottle of fuel rolled out of his hand, and rolled down the hallway of our house. We had fire all in our hallway on the stone floor (luckily with only a small damage on some wood at the base where the wall meets the floor). I ran to call 911, though by the time I got to the phone, Jamie was yelling to not call 911, as they had the fire out of control and practically out. I swear, for a split second, I thought for sure Jamie would have to be checked into a burn unit. At the time of the fire, Mack was upstairs in my room sleeping (with 101.3 fever) and Sean jumped in our friends arms and once Jamie put the fire on himself out, he grabbed Quentin who was sleeping on the floor in the room we were in as he fell asleep on his playmat.

The plus side to this story, is that I get to go shopping for a new dinning room set! The only good thing that came out of this. Luckily no one was hurt.

3. Quentin and I were in a car accident yesterday. We're ok. Came out of it without a scratch. I was turning around to park in front of a house to go to playgroup. I used a driveway to turn around and checked and was clear to go. The lady driving must have been speeding. She told me she thought I was parked. I'm not entire sure how she could have thought this. I pulled out of the driveway to go the opposite direction and didn't see her and she slammed into my car. She hit right into the back (sliding van door) on the driver's side. Quentin is okay and I am okay. His car seat didn't even budge. He was well protected. My car is still drivable, but I will take it in tomorrow to the body shop (already filed a claim with my insurance company). The car is just a piece of material. It can be fixed. No big deal. Money can fix a car, money can't fix us, so I'm just glad we're okay. I don't even know if it was any bit my fault in any way. I feel like blaming myself, at least partly. I didn't even know she hit me until after I was already hit. If you see a car coming out of a driveway, and you are coming from the stop sign before, so you had to stop, don't you go slow or wait? Nope, she went right into me. I dont even know what happened, it all happened so fast. Maybe she was on her cell phone. She seemed when she got out of her car that she was in a hurry. She seemed also like a high strung person. She called someone right away and started to yell at them in a language I didn't understand or recognize. I asked her if she was okay, but other than that, and her asking me if the baby was okay, once she realized there was a baby in the car, we didn't communicate much at all. I went with the ambulance tech once they arrived to check Quentin out, and after her car was towed and everything, the police handed me a paper that had an event number on it, that reads "You're a Victim of a Crime" and here's how to deal with any questions you might have and I went on my way. I was shocked that the police didn't even ask me any questions. The whole thing seemed so surreal. I wasn't distracted at all, not eating food, not on my bluetooth using my cell phone, not even listening to the radio. Though, I can't tell you what was going on in the other lady's car. That I don't know. In any case, even if you're careful accidents do happen. I was quite in shock for a good while after, but after going to bed early last night, I'm feeling better today, and will hopefully put this all behind me. There is no point dwelling over the past, what could have been had I been a few minutes earlier or later, or if I had not gone at all. (The thought did cross my mind, playing out every scenario that could have been in my head). Must stop it.

In any case, G-d has good plans for Quentin and I, and we walked away without a scratch. The lady as well, was 100% okay. I called my dad who was at home a few streets away and he came over to the accident. I called 911 for an ambulance for Quentin, I wanted to make sure he was okay. His vitals were perfect and the ambulance technician thought he was super cute. I've been keeping an eye on him, the accident occurred just over 24 hours ago, and he's totally himself. I had a headache yesterday, but I think it was honestly from not having eaten before the accident happened, (around 1:30 ish pm) and I only got a chance to eat at dinner time.

I have another post I'm working on with happier things. Stay tuned for that a little later. (It includes cute pictures of my kids).

10 comments:

Jen Sirois said...

Oh my goodness! What a week! I'm glad everyone is okay through all of this. Thank goodness for calm-inducing knitting and a good cup of tea. I wish you well as you work through resolving all of this.

g-girl said...

funny that you should post about threes. i've been thinking about my own three that has happened! glad to hear everyone is okay. things can only get better. :)

Kimber said...

Oh Wow - I am just so glad you all are ok. Wow....

Dawn said...

Wow thank God that you are all ok, and I can't imagine how stressful all that was! Let's stick to three, k!

Lisa (JeepGirl) said...

I'm so glad you and Q are ok!!! those things are so scary when they happen!!!

Sandra said...

Holy Crap - that's a week that doesn't need repeating! Glad everyone's okay!

Tracy said...

Wow, I think the fire would have been especially scary. I'm so happy to hear that everyone is okay - from all of the events. You are so right about the material things - most important is that everyone is okay.

Tara said...

Again, thank God you're all OK (accident AND fire). Take care of yourselves, OK?

Celia said...

It's going to get better from here. Glad you and Q are ok.

Bea said...

Wow this is a really week. I'm so happy you guys were ok. In all the instances. Very scary. Very blessed.