Mack turned 146 weeks old on Thursday, April 7th.
On Thursday, Quentin also helped me by modeling in a new set up I got for my home studio. I wanted to check it all out before our afternoon appointment came over. Quentin was a good sport about helping me out. I can't wait to get more newborns in studio. I'm taking a workshop in May with a newborn photographer in another province, so I'll start to advertise and stuff after I finish the workshop. Until then, I'll be getting myself organized.
Our afternoon appointment was absolutely adorable Baby K.
However... she wasn't in a good mood and didn't want to cooperate one bit.
They'll be coming back to the studio soon to finish up what we started.
Isn't she adorable?
The handmade tutu I have in my prop collection, and it's made by a friend of mine.
For: Photography Prop
Yarn: What yarn isn't in there? Seriously, all leftover bits I could find.
Size: 3 feet wide x 2 feet long (approximately).
Timeline: April 1 - April 7, 2011.
Modifications & Notes: This was a time consuming project. Cutting 3 feet strips in hundreds of yarn pieces was a lot of work. And piecing it all together was time consuming as well. I just need to use it in my next newborn photography session, so that I can get better photos without my son’s Caillou doll! I had seen this on ETSY and decided that I could totally make one myself, instead of buying one for 55$ (especially since it's made with Acrylic & fun fur and crappy yarns - the one on Etsy). So that's when I started doing research and came across this pattern on Ravelry. I actually need a round basket for this prop, but don't have one I like yet. I used my square one to show what it is as a finished object.
Sean has gotten very good at writing his alphabet. He's pretty darn good at the entire set.
My boys enjoy spending time together, whether it be coloring (we pulled out the erase board) or whether it be cuddling on the couch. (Sean loves to hold Quentin in his lap).
Quentin decided to take a nap in his Bébé Pod chair (above) while I was doing the bottle washing today. One minute he was awake, the next, out cold. Such a cutie. He will sleep anywhere.
Today's Link Love:
- These pieces of jewelry (especially the pink bracelet).
- These embroidery floss holders.
- This Dooce post made me laugh out loud.
- This image.
- This image. Especially the one with the lollypop (bottom left hand image).
- This Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Dispenser. And thank you to my friend Robyn in Arizona for sending it for Quentin. Best invention ever. I make enough formula for the entire day in it, and just warm up each bottle in the bottle warmer that we have when Quentin's hungry. Saves so much time!
- I love this photo of someone's something blue. What a cute idea.