Friday, June 01, 2012

Hitchhiker

hitchhikerdone

Two weeks ago, I finished up my hitchhiker scarf. I absolutely love it.

mewear

Depending on the light it’s photographed in, the color tone changes, I love it.

teeth

This yarn, I picked up while in British Columbia back in 2010. It’s by Sweet Georgia and it’s called Boheme. I picked it up thinking it would end up being a baby girl sweater, but the baby that was in my belly, turned out to be a boy instead. So, I decided that I’d make myself something instead. A girl can’t have enough scarves/shawls, right?

fullhitch

I started this scarf back in February, and worked on other things at the same time. The problem with this pattern is it does kind of get boring after a while, as it’s mainly just knit, knit, knit, knit, with a different first or last stitch, and a little change up on every 8th row. I used a worsted weight yarn instead of the fingering weight that the pattern calls for and used 4.5mm (US7) needles. I used an entire 2 skeins of yarn, and while the pattern calls for making 41 “teeth”, I only got 30 out of the 2 skeins of yarn, but that was absolutely okay with me, as this scarf is large enough and I probably would have stopped making teeth even if I had more yarn. I loved knitting up this pattern and I definitely recommend it. Easy to follow and great in my books! I might even knit it up again sometime.

Don’t forget to come back & visit my blog tomorrow, I have a knitting book review & giveaway for you guys!

7 comments:

Celia said...

That scarf turned out really nice. Good job!

Hattie said...

I need to make one of those, it looks fun! Also that's a good colorway with your skintone!

Barb said...

So pretty!!

Mitali Ruths said...

Very nice! Reminds me: I should knit a cowl for myself!

g-girl said...

It looks great on you! :)

Gabriela said...

Your Hitchhiker looks fantastic!

Dawn said...

I love the way that turned out and that color looks great on you!