Thursday, June 14, 2012

Twin Set

setofknitted

Recently my friend Maureen in the US messaged me to let me know that the baby gifts I mailed her arrived! I can finally blog about the items I knit for her twins.

 finishedshirt

For Victoria, her baby girl, I knit up a newborn sized Girl Cap. I just love this pattern. It used up only 0.42 of a skein of Cascade 220 Quattro, in a lovely shade of purple on US 7 - 4.5 mm needles. I once again used Woodchick’s modifications for newborn size. This is the 2nd one I've knit this year, the first one for another friend who had a baby girl in May. I think I'll knit more of these, they're fun to whip up.

babyshelldone

For her twin son Dominic, I made him a Baby Shell. It's the 2nd time I have knit this pattern, I made one for Quentin before he was born. I used almost an entire skein of Red Heart Eco-Ways with 
US 7 - 4.5 mm needles. I had some trouble at the beginning with lining up the top, but after realizing that it was because I had put the wrong stitches on a stitch holder, I got everything sorted out, and it was a breeze to knit up. (It had been too long since knitting up the last one, so I didn't remember exactly the way it was done). I would probably knit this pattern again, it's also a great quick baby knit and I love the space it creates for getting a baby's head through the top.

I can't wait to see pictures of the twins wearing them!

5 comments:

Gabriela said...

Awwww! Those are really cute. I'm sure they're very welcome and special gifts.

Celia said...

Awww! So cute!! I just love baby stuff.

g-girl said...

so adorable! I can't wait until you show us how they look on the twins. :)

Maureen said...

Tory is getting bigger every day so I gotta get it on her fast! :D

Thank you again! I loved the whole package!

Dawn said...

Awww what could be cuter than twin baby knits....nothing of course! I love that shade of purple for a baby girl!