Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Decisions in Length

Sweaterprog 

My sweater is coming along wonderfully.  I keep trying it on as I go, and the biggest debate I'm having right now is how long to make it, and when to stop to start the 4" (or was it 4.5") ribbing at the end. After that's done, I then will have to decide how long to make the sleeves (do I make the 3/4 like the pattern or make them full length for our brutally cold Canadian winters). Then, I'll pick up stitches for the button and button holes, on either side of the front. Still a lot of work to do, but it's making great progress. I'm extremely happy with the way it's turning out so far. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it soon, so I can start wearing it in a couple of weeks when sadly it'll start getting cooler.

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I like 3/4 sleeves ...

IrishGirl said...

I'd say make 2! ;) One with 3/4 and one with long sleeves, if you really like it when you are finished with the first one. I find that the 3/4 length sleeve pieces I have don't get as much use as I'd like them to. As far as length goes, unless you plan on showing your belly (and lower back) make it longer. Try sitting down in a pair of jeans with the length in mind. Will it look right sitting in a restaurant chair, for example? I hate it when my pants dip in the back and my shirt rides up to expose too much skin. So much to consider! It is looking great though, and I love the color.

g-girl said...

it's so cute so far! :) so what did you decide?