Monday, March 14, 2016

Bountiful Butterflies

butterfly

I had these Bountiful Butterflies on display in the shop window from May to July 2015. I made 2 mobiles. (Here is the first and here is the second). Two of myknittng buddies helped me string all the beads. The butterflies were a lot of fun to crochet. I used up all bits of leftoever worsted weight yarn that I had in my stash. I used a 5.5 and a 5 mm crochet hook for this project. If I had a daughter, this would have been a fun mobile to make to put in a nursery.  

butterflies

I used an embroidery hoop as the ring that the butterflies hang off of. I wrapped it with a nice satin ribbon. The beads were a large assorted pony bead bag that I picked up at Walmart. This was a fun project!

butterf

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loooooove this!!!

g-girl said...

You mobiles are too cute! I love the butterflies!