On Tuesday April 19th, Quentin turned 20 weeks old.
On Tuesday April 19th, Sean turned 224 weeks old.
On Thursday April 21st, Mack turned 148 weeks old.
The boys are so cute together. They love each other and are so good with each other.
I did some knitting this week too.
Stuff was pushed aside so I could sit back, relax & knit.
For: Photography Prop
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash in Green Apple
Timeline: April 20, 2011 (A couple of hours).
Modifications & Notes: Held yarn quadruple stranded. Total weight of the finished POD is 138 grams. I used 34.5 g of each 100g skein. It’s rather small. I plan to re-knit it, adding to it. I’ll have to figure it out on my own, because the pattern only has one size. A really tiny newborn will probably fit into the pod, but I am not sure an average sized newborn will. I have never held yarn quadruple stranded before. There is a first for everything. I needed to get 2 stitches per inch and I swatched double stranded and then triple stranded but only got gauge on quadruple stranded with US13 needles. I like the thickness that the Cascade 220 gives held together. I wanted to use this particular color hence why I used as much as I needed to get gauge. It’s a stunning color. Now I just need a newborn to photograph in it…!
Quentin is such a joy to hang out with every day. He's got a great personality and he's always got smiles to share. This week Quentin got to try out the exercauser, but he still needs to gain a little bit of weight before he could really enjoy it. He's still a little too tiny.
This morning I took Quentin to the CLSC to weigh in. He's fully on the regular (non-high calorie) formula and I wanted to make sure that he was still on track with his weight gain. Quentin is now 12 and a half lbs (12 lbs 8.5 oz). And I'm officially down 25 lbs. So I've officially lost 2 Quentins! I feel great.
Today's Link Love:
- Stuff in our greenhouse are growing! Sean got super excited when he saw the plants.
- Kiki & Coco in Paris.
- This paper record player is quite neat.
- This photobooth video is quite impressive.
- This afghan pattern is quite pretty.
- I ♥ this bokeh filter tutorial.
- Love this Rendition of Cecilia.
- Love this Travel Toy Tutorial.
- 10 free Pampers Gifts to Grow points: JRYHAFFCR6WDPHY (expires 4/25/11)
- Huggies Enjoy the Ride Reward Points: 25 free points! BKWHDMMLPCXCPGB.
- LOVE this crochet hat. Anyone know where I can find a pattern to make one?
- I love this tutorial for seed starters from newspaper.
- These crochet nesting cups tutorial.
- This photograph for Earth day tomorrow.
- This happy spring yarn giveaway.
- The Blater blog - For Bloggers who barter.
- This camera bag (in Rose - Pewter) is on my birthday wishlist.
- This cute pattern for crochet Pacifier Straps.
- I’m selling a Heart-to-Heart Baby sling. I paid 60$ for it, and I’m selling it for 30$. It’s navy blue with tiny white dots on it. It’s for an average sized mom, though it is adjustable. Let me know if you’re interested. It’s a great sling for nursing, as well as wearing your baby. I have numerous slings, so I’ve decided to sell some of them. (There is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all and it’s in excellent condition).
- A year ago this week (April 19th, 2010), I found out I was pregnant with baby #3. It feels like that was just yesterday... I swear.
- Last night I finished reading the book Arranged by Catherine McKenzie. I really enjoyed this book and recommend it. It was a quick & enjoyable read, but took me forever because I had a baby 20 weeks ago, otherwise I'd have finished it a lot sooner. (I started it the day before I went into labor or something like that).
Stuff that's Fascinating this week:
- Spring flowers that were here on April 20, 2011 are not yet here this year. Where are they?
- Have you read this article about the knitting needle stabbing? The comments are even funnier.