I started a test knit last week, but have ripped it out... oh, I don't know... 8 times? I am giving it one more shot before I give up. Something just doesn't want to work out for me, I'm not sure what it is. I've emailed with the designer, and I'm trying one last time. It's a new pattern she's designing, and I'm doing the 12 month test knit, hoping for it to fit Quentin in the late fall (hence why it's a brown color). I also wanted to do it in superwash, because you know, babies spit up. We'll see what happens with this test knit over the next few days.
The last few days have been beautiful (Hello 18-22°C!)
This week we had some fun in the park with some friends.
Definitely taking advantage of the beautiful weather.
The beautiful weather has been bringing out some nice colors & flowers too.
I had to fire my cleaning lady. Every week she was doing stuff to annoy us even more and she also started to surface clean. I would go into a room and lift something to find that she cleaned around it, and not behind/under... when she used to when she first started with us. Anyhow, the last straw was this past week when she THREW OUT all the started vegetable plants that I planted with the kids. I am in the middle of searching for a new lady to come to our house, so we'll see what happens. With three kids and a lot of stuff going on, it's nice to have someone help around the house. We're not loaded with money (or I'd have a nanny!) but a cleaning lady for a few hours each week is something that has been worked into our monthly budget and I find it very helpful and nice. It allows me to spend more time with my kids, rather than scrubbing the toilets (which I hate!) I am still in shock that she threw out about 80 started vegetable plants (that I had recently just re-planted into bigger planter pots!) I was livid for a few days... Looks like I'll be buying already started plants once they are ready to go into the ground in just a few weeks.
Today’s Link Love:
- I want one of these 2 in 1 washer/dryer machines! Oh my! I didn’t even know they existed! No more forgetting about transferring over the laundry from the washer to dryer… if only I win the lottery! (I guess that means I should start playing? LOL)
- I love this teething necklace tutorial. I think it's exactly what Quentin needs right now.
- Love this colorful clock.
- This fruit boat is really cute. What a great idea for the kids.
- Love this tutorial to make glitter shoes.
- I want my hair to look like this (love the hairband too).
- Love this kid's tshirt.
- Love this picture.
- Love these crafted fruit.
- Damn you diet.
- Free Pampers Points: VMF776C7HMEXT4.