Friday, August 12, 2011

Ariadne

ariadnecloses

It's sad to see my fave LYS close it's doors. It's pretty much the only yarn shop in Montreal that I enjoyed visiting. Always friendly faces to greet you when you enter, great selection of yarns, and always was made felt welcome there. Yesterday, I visited MollyAnn to see what was left in store before she closed her doors.

jqariadne

Quentin on the other hand wasn't interested in the yarn, but in one of my best friends gold bracelets. I took the drive down the yarn shop with her, I'm such an enabler.

And of course, I couldn't walk out empty handed, right?

greenlambsworsted

7 skeins of Lamb's Pride Worsted (I'm thinking sweater) in Kiwi.

greenbulkyblackbulky

2 skeins of Lamb's Pride Burly Spun in Kiwi & 2 in Black. Now, I have already 4.5 skeins of the black in my stash. These 2 skeins are bought specifically for a chunky cowl in mind, for winter, and the other 4.5 skeins are reserved for the Cozy Bolero.

pinkprojeckt redprojeckt turtlepurple

I also picked up 2 skeins of Project B (which MollyAnn hand dyes herself, if I am not mistaken) in pink and in red. No actual colorway names on the skeins. I also wanted to try out some Turtlepurl Asian Leaf Turtle Toes in Violent Violet. The dyer is from Gatineau, Quebec, and I've never heard of her before, but the skein is in one of my fave shades of purple.

I also scooped up a copy of St-Denis Issue 3 (Spring 2011) and Interweave Knits Weekend 2011.

8 comments:

Celia said...

What a shame that they closed. Looks like you scored some nice loot!

g-girl said...

wow, that is too bad ariadne is closing down. :( looks like you picked up some yummy stuff though! :)

Cynthia F said...

Aww that's sad that another LYS is closing :(
but you got some goodies for sure!

Mitali Ruths said...

I've been trying to bring myself to post about Ariadne closing... Haven't been able to figure out what to say.

Dawn said...

Aww I hate it when that happens! Great stash enhancement though!

Firefly said...

Oh no that is so sad! That shop was awesome!

Girl Knits said...

Aww, sorry to hear your LYS is closing, it's always a shame to hear them close. It must not be a money maker then. I've always wondering if you can turn a profit selling yarn.

Bea said...

Sorry they had to close their doors. That sucks.