Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Frozen Goods

Over the weekend, some surprise out of town guests came bearing goods from their garden. I finally pulled out of the fridge some zucchini that we had from our garden from a recent harvest, and along with the yellow zucchini that they brought, I grated it all up (and made 1 green zucchini bread as well as 1 yellow zucchini bread) and now have in my freezer, 8 bags of 2 cups each of green zucchini, 3 bags of 2 cups each of yellow zucchini and 2 bags of mixed of 1 cup yellow zucchini and 1 cup green zucchini for a total of 13 bags with a total of 26 cups of zucchini. I will be able to make 13 zucchini breads with this. Or, I can split it with banana, and possibly make 26 zucchini-banana breads. Yum! I'll be baking all winter long with stuff from the garden.
I've never baked with yellow zucchini before, I actually like the way the zucchini bread tastes with the yellow zucchini. Yum!

6 comments:

Celia said...

It all looks good!

Anonymous said...

well, look at you, Miss-Organized-Martha-Stewart !!!

vicki :)

Dawn said...

I've never had yellow zucchini bread either...I bet it was super yummy!

Caroline said...

Hmmmm. I love zucchini bread. I really should make some.

Girl Knits said...

That's awesome that you'll have all that to bake with throughout the winter!

Bea said...

Yay! This is what I do with leftovers too. My freezer is full of gardeny goodness.