Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hitchhiker

sweetgeorgia

So after seeing Sandra's Hitchhiker, I was inspired to knit one as well. I totally thought I had the same colorway in my stash (fell in love with the way it knits up), but I do have that colorway, just not in worsted weight. I have it in fingering weight, and the worsted I have is another colorway. So after some careful stash pondering, I decided to cast on for Hitchhiker by Martina Behm using some Sweet Georgia Worsted that I picked up in Vancouver back in 2010. This yarn was intended to be a baby girl sweater (I bought it a few days after finding out I was carrying baby #3 - however baby #3 turned out to be Quentin!) (I even had picked up the matching colorway in sock yarn, so I could make myself something to match the baby sweater... but that plan never panned out). I felt that this colorway, which is called Boheme, would be perfect for hitchhiker.

hitch

So I cast on Thursday night ... and started knitting away.

proghitch

And this is where I'm at now. And loving it. I currently have 14 "teeth" on the shawl. Pattern calls for 41 teeth, we'll see how many I can make before running out of yarn. (I have two balls of this colorway).

Just a reminder that you have until February 29th, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST to enter my Colouring Wallet contest!

4 comments:

g-girl said...

cool. looks like a fast knit!

Sandra said...

addictive, isn't it? I'm feeling the need to knit another one - I love how this colourway is working out.

Simply Gabriela - Living La Vida Normal said...

Love the colorway and the way it's showing up in the pattern. I'm sure it will look great once it's finished. I've added the pattern to my wishlist by the way, another must have.

Dawn said...

Wow, that color is perfect for that pattern! I love it!