Monday, February 27, 2012

A Night Out

rj2012

Hubby and I got to go out last night for a friends birthday. My parents took the kids for dinner, and we had a nice evening out. It was nice to get dressed up in non-mommy clothes, and wear my nice pink boots and wear make-up (which apparently is so natural you can barely see it in this photo). We had good laughs with new people (we only knew the birthday boy and his girlfriend). Once we picked up the kids, and got them to bed, about an hour later, I started to feel ill. At first I thought it was the wine, but Jamie reminded me that I really didn't drink that much, which I thought to begin with. Let's just say, I'll spare you the details, I definitely had food poisoning. I was the only one to eat this dish at the restaurant (and we were the only table at the restaurant). I have never eaten there before, and while we thought maybe we'd go back again sometime while we were actually still there, I don't think we'll ever be going back there again. And I'm darn glad it's not gastro, that's 10x worse than food poisoning, let me tell you!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Oh no! I started reading this post with a mind to write a "good for you, I'm so happy you guys had a great night out" Doh! I hope you're feeling better, and I hope it was worth it!

hakucho said...

So sorry to hear you have food poisoning! When a restaurant is not busy, that makes me nervous. Hope you feel better real soon!

g-girl said...

that totally sucks! like deb said, i'm usually iffy about a restaurant if there aren't many (or none at all!) people dining there. glad you at least got a night out with the hubby though. :)

Wollgut said...

Oh no! Just like Jules said... I too thought, fun! date night!, and then kept reading and... well, I'm sorry. :( Food poisoning is awful.

asdfjkl; said...

Oh, sorry you got sick! That happened last summer to me & one other friend in our party. We both were sick & then a day or two later it was on the local news that people who ate the tomatoes there (Us!) got ill. We were told to notify the restaurant. My friend called & they offer us a free meal. Um, no thanks??? You guys looked great, though (and you so skinny :).