Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Conversation with Sean

This afternoon, on our way home from Sean's 5th birthday annual check-up (and Quentin's 1 year annual check-up too - everyone's perfectly healthy & on track), I made a pit stop at Fabricville to see if I could find some iron-on/sew-on patches for 2 pairs of pants that have holes in them (one belonging to Sean & one belonging to Mackenzie). I've been trying to hunt down patches for a while now (and ones that the boys would like on their pants), and I finally found a few choices at Fabricville.

Upon leaving the store, with Sean & Quentin, Sean says to me:

Sean: "What's the name of this store?"
Me: "Fabricville".
Sean: "Fabric what?"
Me: "It's a fabric store, where I buy material and sewing accessories to make things".
Sean: "You're the best girl in the world."
Me: "That's so nice of you to say Sean, why do you say that?"
Sean: "Because you make me awesome things".

Awesome. My kid thinks I'm awesome. I'll remember this conversation forever.

5 comments:

Celia said...

That's so sweet!!

Sandra said...

my 12 year old still thinks I make awesome things. I'm hoping this lasts for a while.

Anonymous said...

Of course you're the best girl in the world!! :)

Dawn said...

Awww I love it that they're still at an age where they adore us :)

Girl Knits said...

So sweet!