Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sean’s New Hat

photo(4)

SPECS:

Pattern: Sheep & Wool Hat by Emily Spence (My Ravelry Link)
For: Sean (to match his winter jacket)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash in Green Apple & Black
Needle: US 8 - 5.0 mm
Size: Child
Timeline: December 15-26, 2011
(Though really only a couple of hours, but my knitting time is limited these days).
Modifications & Notes: Cast on 100 sts, after trying with 80 sts and it being too small. I re-cast on, and did 5 rows of the chart, and it’s just just fitting for (almost!) 5 year old Sean. I also changed it up and did 2x2 ribbing for 10 rows before starting the chart. I don't love color work, but this was easy in the end.

hat1 hat2 hat3

5 comments:

Celia said...

It turned out very nice! I love the color work.

Anonymous said...

Love the hat! And wishes to you & yours for a happy holiday. I know you celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah, so hope they have been joyous. I don't get much time to read blogs anymore, but enjoy stopping by when I get the chance. Happy New Year!

Tracy

g-girl said...

awesome. the hat looks great!

Dawn said...

Sean's new hat is awesome!!

Girl Knits said...

What a gorgeous hat you knit him. Lucky boy!