Sunday, December 11, 2011

Knitting Oops

 

backwardsknit

I’ve been having some knitting whoopses lately. First, when I started this hat, for Sean, I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing, and started knitting the wrong way back on a row (in the round), so one side started to grow, while the other side wasn’t. So I had to rip that out. (Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture above, I was out and only had my iphone camera – shocker, I know).

IMG_7718

Then, I got this far, (2 repeats in), and tried it on Sean, to discover that it not only doesn’t fit Sean, but if it were in the right colors for Mackenzie, it doesn’t fit him either…. Sigh!

So, I’m back to square one. I’ve started it again, with more stitches. Let’s pray this one fits. Even advanced knitters have off moments too, you know.

4 comments:

Celia said...

It's frustrating, but it does happen.

Anonymous said...

It's true! The more I knit, the more mistakes I make! :) I blame it on my confidence! I'm glad I'm in good company! :)

Dawn said...

Ugh I hate it when that happens!

g-girl said...

i'm sure you're glad it's now finished! is mack's the same pattern?