Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

I was pleasantly surprised at lunch time on Sunday by a random act of kindness by a stranger. I got to the cash at a store to make a purchase, and realized I left my wallet at home. So I left the item at the cash (was planning to go home, grab my wallet (which was in my knitting bag) and return to pay for it) and as I'm putting Quentin in the car in his car seat, a lady comes chasing after me. She bought my item and wished me a Happy Holidays. I was shocked. That was so nice of her! That totally made my day.

This totally restored some of my faith in the kindness of others. While a lot of people out there lack respect and other qualities that people should have, there are still some kind people out there in this world.

I am on the lookout now for a way I can pay it forward. And I plan to do more than one act of paying it forward.

5 comments:

Celia said...

Very cool!

Barb said...

I know what you mean about the lack of respect lately, that's so awesome someone is kind like that :)

Dawn said...

Aww that was so nice of her...it will be fun to pay if forward!

g-girl said...

That was really nice. :)

Girl Knits said...

Oh that was really sweet of that lady. Lucky you! Karma!