Monday, March 21, 2011

3.21.11

Last night Quentin went to bed at 6:30pm. I looked at Jamie around 8:30 pm and said that we're either screwed because he'll sleep through the night now and wake up at 5/6 am, or he'll get up around 10-10:30 and then I might not be able to get him back to sleep for a while. We went to bed and he still hadn't gotten up. I was preparing myself to be woken up in the middle of the night or really early morning. What do you know... Quentin slept in until almost 8:30 am this morning from 6:30pm last night. 14 hours. Wow. I wish I could get sleep like that. I haven't slept like that since I was pregnant with Sean. How I miss sleep like that.

5boys QNathaniel

Today we had playgroup. I'm really enjoying this group of people. We were a small group today, 5 boys... there seems to be a lot of boys born! We also had 2 visitors join us today (on top of our 5 boys), someone I hadn't seen since 1992 when I went away to sleep away camp. She just had her 2nd son just over 2 weeks before I had Quentin. It was really nice to see her.

diapercover nappy

SPECS:

Pattern: Diaper Cover Photography Prop by Kristi Simpson (My Ravelry Link)
For: Photography Prop
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in Gray
Hook: 6.0 mm (J)
Size: 0-3 months
Timeline: March 20, 2011
Modifications & Notes: Super quick project, great pattern, easy to follow. Followed instructions for the 0-3 month size. Came out WAY too small even with getting just about gauge going up to a size 6mm (J) hook (pattern calls for 5mm (H). Want to use this as a photography prop, however, I will have to re-try it again, with maybe a worsted yarn (Cashmerino Aran I thought would be thick enough). Modeled by Sean’s Cabbage Patch (boy) doll - which seems to be a perfect fit. Will retry again, to fit a newborn. I'm thinking next time, I'll try a worsted weight yarn... maybe Cascade Superwash or something.

Still can't show you my current design, but it's coming along nicely, and I've got my test knitters working away as well. Luckily I found some people with Tosh Sock in their stash (thank you Ravelry).

Second day of spring today, and we had a snowfall. C'mon Spring... don't let Winter let itself back in... I've already put away my winter boots for the season, I really have no interest in taking them back out.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I've got to admit, that picture with the Cabbage Patch doll really made me do a double take. At first I thought "Holy CRAP! What's up with those legs???" lol

g-girl said...

that is awesome he slept so long. he's growing. :)

Bea said...

Congrats on the sleeping. Look at those boys! They are so cute sitting there together.