Wednesday, May 30, 2007

May 30 of 31

This morning I first headed to the post office here in Northampton. I had a bunch of stuff to mail out, for me, for Jamie and for someone else. I smuggled someone's SP10 package across the border for them, so that it would be cheaper to mail. Could you believe Canadapost wanted almost 14$ CAD to ship the same package to the USA that I paid 3.76$ for today? Yeah, rediculousness! I got all my mailing done, except for one parcel which I'm hoping there is a post office in Albany, NY in the mall, so that I don't have to bother my mom to stop again at the post office here, because this morning I got yelled at for taking too long.

Then we went to Holyoke Mall at Ingleside. Did some shopping. Did you know that if you are from out of town (internationally) you get a discount card at Macy's department store? You get 11% off of your purchase. Not only that, but because I signed up for a Macy's credit card, for the next 2 days I save 20% off on all my purchases. So right now we've started at 31% extra savings. I found a bunch of onesies for Sean that were already at 30-40% off, so it was mega savings. Sean got spoiled. I bought myself 2 shirts, but I think they're going back tomorrow. I'm not 100% sure about them. Oh well.

After the mall, we headed back to the hotel to change, and then off to the Calvin Theater for the Webs Yarn Harlot Event.

It was really good seeing Stephanie speak. Sean was being a little cranky, so my mom stayed at the far back with him, and my grandmother and I sat and watched Stephanie speak. We got a goodie bag, (pics to follow later - I haven't photographed it yet).


I got to meet Lucy (above) and Laura as well. (Blog links to follow soon). Lucy lives about 45 minutes from Webs and says she has to avoid it. Laura hails from Albany, NY, and came with her 3 year old son. I didn't get to take a picture with her.


Webs. Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. Wow. Wow. Wow. I can't even begin to describe! It's huge. It's massive. I was in heaven. It was fairly overwhelming as well! I loved it.



Because there was over 600+ people attending this event, we were given time slots to show up to get our book(s) autographed. I had gotten Stephanie's first three books autographed back in November when she came to Montreal and spoke at McGill. I only had her current book, Cast Off to get autographed. Another perk... having a baby/child with you, got you to NOT have to stand in line, and sneak in line when you got there. We were given the 8:30 pm time slot, and when we walked in at about 8:45 (after eating a quick dinner at Friendly's up the road), we got to shimmy our way to the front of the line. YOU HAD TO SEE THE LINE UP!

Sean was a hit with Stephanie! (I think he's even getting blogged! She took a picture of Sean & I - Sean with his Montreal Canadiens (Habs) bib). Stephanie asked Sean to smile, and he did for her. He was just overly impressed with Stephanie, and HAD to flirt with her. (That's my boy!)

Stephanie, if you visit my blog - Hi!

We found out tonight, that the sock yarn for her sock is Edmonton's Handpainted Yarn, from the late Virginia (I think that was her name). What a gorgeous colored sock. (I heart the green!) I also learned that Stephanie will not be in Toronto next week when I go down with Kadi for the International Knit in Public Day for the TTC Yarn Shop Crawl. Aw, too bad!


Sean was just such a flirt tonight. While I was browsing Webs with my grandmother, my mom sat by a table and he was just flirting with all the ladies that came by.

Remember this knitted chair? Yeah - it was at Webs tonight. Sean got to sit in it! And so did I:

It was cool to see it live in person, something I'd seen on the internet! How cool is it!

This is the Webs warehouse. It was just rows and rows (deep) of bags of yarn on sale. Oh my! You could seriously get lost in there. I swear.

So, what did I buy tonight? You all want to know, I'm sure. I'll take pictures tomorrow or Friday when I return home... but I bought 2 balls of sock yarn (yeah, I know, I needed more!!) (they were on liquidation, so it's all good!) and yarn for a sweater for me, and yarn for a sweater for Sean. Very nice stuff. Pictures to come. I swear. And Webs, you have to go to if you're evern in Northampton, MA. Really. You'll be blown away!

Sean on the phone with Daddy. He was so serious while Jamie was talking to him. He couldn't understand where Daddy was. It was just too cute. I had to take a picture of him.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That chair is too cool. It must have took a long time to knit that. Did you find out how many balls of yarn it took? Great pictures.

Sounds like you had a great day!!

Andrea said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a good time.

Why does Macy's offer an 11% discount? That's an odd number.

Dianne said...

I am so jealous!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for posting so many pictures. Sean is such a flirt!

Amanda said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time - I'm so glad!! And I'm sorry I had to bow out last minute...moving stinks. :P

Barb said...

looks like you had a blast!! can't wait too see more pics!!

Unknown said...

That was sooo coooollll!!!!! I am absolutely jealous. I didnt realize that WEBS was open to the public. And the chair... Even my ambivalent DH was impressed by the chair when we saw it over the net.

Great photos. I would love to have the opportunity to see Stephanie in person too. That was very cool!

I am glad you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see what you bought!

LotusKnits said...

Aww so much fun! I would be dangerous in Webs. I can't wait to see what you bought. Sean is so cute with Stephanie!

Glad you had a blast!

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

Of course Sean was a hit with Stephanie! That little cutie could melt anyone's heart! It looks like a good time was had by all. I can't wait to see what loot you took home with you. BTW, love that shirt!

amy! said...

Glad you liked the Glove in person. :) The shot of your little guy in it is precious!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting all the pics! I've never been to WEBS, just visited their booth at Stitches, so it was interesting to see what it's like. Loved those Sean/Stephanie pics - especially the 2nd one with you holding him - he has such a flirtatious look on his face! Watch out girl! He's going to keep you on your toes!

g-girl said...

that's so cool that sean was held by stephanie!!! sounds like it was awesome..and WEBS, oh my word. I couldn't imagine living close by at all! I think it'd be dangerous! can't wait to see what all you purchased. love the look on sean's face as he's listening to jamie talk to him. It's so cute! And you got to see the chair in person! Very cool. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my - what an awesome/fun trip! I am pea green right now but so happy for you that you had so much fun!!!

Jenny said...

A knit chair!? Now I think I have seen it all!!

Octopus Knits said...

Hi there! I guess I'm one of those who has blogged Sean (without knowing who he was).

I didn't get many pictures of the event, so it was great to find your blog post (an alert commenter on my blog asked if you might be the knitter and baby I mention -- why, yes indeed!).

Stephanie really enjoyed meeting you guys, and I can confirm that Sean was flirting madly with her.