Saturday, June 28, 2008

june twenty-eight :: 18 months

Mack got his first real at home bath this morning (his umbilical cord fell off at 1 week old, but then we had to wait for the circumcision to heal, which brings us to today). I've been giving him sponge baths, but today was his first real bath. Above is what he had to say about it. (Just like his brother did almost 18 months ago!)

Sean is now 18 months old. 18 months! Wow, where does time go?? A year and a half. Finally, we've hit that milestone. Sean's not yet talking in sentences, but he does know a lot of words, and can say the first few letters of the alphabet. New words added to his vocabulary, are apple, ball, doggie, car. He now answers yes or no by shaking his head when you ask him a question (providing he understands what you are asking of him). To me, Sean is now huge! Enormous! A big boy indeed! Especially compared to Mack who is this teeny tiny thing! I can't get over how big Sean is!
This afternoon we finally got our act together (wow does getting ready to go out take on a WHOLE other meaning when you're a family of four which includes a newborn!) We were supposed to do a bunch of errands, but ended up just running around to about 3 sports stores for Jamie so he could find hockey pants (and skates too in the end), for the hockey game he played tonight with my brother. I had a ton of time in the car, and didn't bring my knitting or a book (silly me) as I thought I was actually doing the errands for me too, not just for him. So I started checking out my complexion in the mirror and realized that I had a ton of freckles. Wow, I never noticed that I had that many freckles on my face! I think it looks cute, I'm not knocking them!

This evening Angela came by and hung out with me while Jamie went to play ice hockey. We did get to watch the movie Definitely, Maybe, which I need to finish watching as I fell asleep watching it and then Angela had to go home. I did get a few rows knitted though after Sean went to sleep! YEY! I worked on my misty garden scarf. What I saw so far of it, I thought it was super cute. I'll let you know what I think once I'm done watching it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a shock for lil Mack! Sean's looking all the cuter since he's getting so big. I think you look good with freckles.

Turtle said...

isn't it funny how they float around in warm fluid all day for months growing inside us then after birth when we bring warm fluid back they scream bloody murder! my daughters first bath photo looks very similar, smile!

Unknown said...

It is cute. You're going to like the ending!

KJ said...

Aww, Mack! Its not so bad! =)
Sean looks so much like you!
Adorable boys. I'm happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of freckles on my face. More than I used to have after my second son was born. Someone told me that being pregnant causes more pigment in your skin hence more freckles. I think it's cute too.

Tara said...

Try putting a wet washcloth on his belly while bathing him. Sometimes that soothes them, kind of like swaddling. Apparently they're used to being in close quarters all the time, and don't enjoy not having any contact with anything once they come out! It worked with my kids!

Bea said...

Chris says that Mack has long fingers. I'm not sure how else you can comment on a screaming baby :)

g-girl said...

sean is a big boy compared to mack! Just think about how they'll look 18 months from now! so what'd you think of definitely, maybe? Have you seen P.S. I love you yet?