This morning we had Sean's last music class before the summer, and my mom came to help me out with him since I can't really carry him, etc. and there are a lot of stairs at the Y. We had a good time, and in the fall he'll be in a "starter" daycare program there. For the summer though, they closed. Which is too bad, because I wanted to have Sean take a class with his grandmother (my mom) this summer to get him out of the house, etc... and to give me a break (with the new baby). I'm going to have to find something for him to do....
So, tomorrow, June 12th, is my 1 year Ravelry Anniversary. So here's a little contest for you all. Guess how many meatballs I rolled today! I will give you all until my birthday, Monday, June 16th, 9pm EST to guess. Guesses must be on this post only. My mother-in-law counted them as we put them into the sauce to cook, so she's the one who actually gave me the grand total. Took me almost an hour to roll them, and they are all there on the plate in the picture. It was a meatball mountain! If there are more than 1 person who guesses the correct amount of meatballs that I rolled, I'll put names into a hat and draw for a prize, or I'll maybe even give out more than 1 prize!
It was nice having my mother-in-law over for the afternoon, she helped me make meat sauce (and meatballs too) so that I can freeze them for after the baby is born. Freezing food is a good idea for after a baby! I did it when I was expecting Sean and I was so grateful I did!
Robyn's Nest now offers Dangle-Free (No Dangle) Stitch Markers. They are AWESOME!!! They're great for sock knitting! (And other projects up to US 9/ 5.5 mm needles!) We've listed blue & purple right now, with more colors coming tomorrow... stay tuned!
Late afternoon Angela came over and tonight we went knitting with the girls from West Island Knits. We were 6 of us, and I had a blast. I worked on my misty garden scarf (pictured above!) It's coming along great - progress pics tomorrow. I got a lot knitted tonight. Above from left to right: Angela, Jennifer, Amy, Eugenie & Madeleine.
I owe you some pictures from TWO AMAZING parcels I got in the mail yesterday. I am too zonked tonight, tomorrow, I promise!
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- ► 2010 (363)
- ► 2009 (367)
- june thirty
- june twenty-nine
- june twenty-eight :: 18 months
- june twenty-seven :: 78 weeks
- june twenty-six
- june twenty-five :: Six Years & Mack's Bris
- june twenty-four :: Mack 1 Week Old
- june twenty-three
- june twenty-two :: Sean 77 weeks 2 days
- june sixteen - twenty-one :: my birthday & Mack's ...
- june fifteen :: father's day
- june fourteen :: Knit In Public Day
- june thirteen :: 76 weeks
- june twelve
- june eleven
- june ten
- june nine :: 36 weeks pregnant
- june eight
- june seven
- june six :: 75 weeks
- june five
- june four
- june three
- june two :: 35 weeks pregnant
- june one
- ▼ June (25)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)