Thursday, June 17, 2010

06.17.10 :: two years old

june17mackr

Mack is 2 years old today! TWO! I can’t believe it.

12weeks2days

You all want to see the belly!
Here’s the belly I’ve been hiding on the blog for a while now.
Really cute & round. Love it.
12 weeks 2 days.
3rd baby really popped early.

mackbdaydaycare

Today I went in the afternoon to Mackenzie’s class to celebrate his birthday!
He ate his piece of birthday cake to the very last drop.
This kid LOVES cake.
He would have liked the plate if we’d have let him.

Some garden updates!

zukegrowth
Zucchinis in the back, Celery in front of it.

beansarea

Snow peas and Stringless Beans.

spagsquashgrowth

Spaghetti Squash Plants

tomatobushesgrow

The little tomato plants aren’t so little anymore.
Must start pruning soon.

firstredcherry
Our very first red cherry tomato!
(And the only one right now)!

mackonhis2nd
This evening my family went out to celebrate Mack’s birthday as well as mine,
to one of my fave Italian Restaurants.

blowoutcandles
We all got to enjoy Oreo cake. Yum!

gollacambag

I got this awesome camera bag by Golla from my sister.
It’s beyond awesome. Thanks sis!

pinkslippers

Oh! And by the way, we’re having a GIRL!!!
We are beyond excited!
Words cannot even describe!
Who said there was only a 13% chance!
I like beating odds!
I won't be painting the baby's room until after my next Ultrasound,
just to be sure, but it's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can now knit in pink! Whoot!
Our daughter already has a name.
Though, we’ll save that for another time.
She’s been named long before she was conceived.
It’s been our girl’s name all along.
She’s very wanted this princess.
Not only did both an internal & external Ultrasound show no “dangly bits” between the legs, but the heart rate was really fast
(beats per minute) which my doctor when listening as well, from her experience, predicted a girl. Enough for me!

ps- I love these shoes. Wow. Oh, and this photo.

ps- Just a reminder that I'm throwing a contest for this entire month! Details are here.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, congrats to you and your hubby! Finally, a girl! She's going to be spoiled rotten!

Lindsay

Amelah said...

Photo is awesome & those shoes r too cute! Wonder if they come in blue :D

Oy where did the time go!?! Mack is 2!!!!!! Happy Birthday little dude!

Oy that picture I took of him holding the bread with his lady bug hat - he looks 5, not 2!!!! Growing up too fast!

Glad you love it :D Enjoy it - I love mine!!!

Chinese calender was right - yet again!!!! Can't wait to meet my little niece!!!! xo

Caroline said...

Ok, I L.O.V.E. your camera bag. And the shoes you linked to at the end. OMG! I want them!

Congrats again on the little girl! I can't wait to know the name :)

Kerry said...

Happy, happy birthday Mr. Mack!!!

What a beautiful belly! :-)

Bertha said...

OMG I'm so excited that you're having a girl!!!

kate-the-enabler said...

Congratulations on the no-dangly-bits :) I knew you could do it! I'll be excited to see all your preparations for this much wanted arrival. In other news - wow - that dress and shoes are incredible, as is the garden - maybe if I water my flowers this year Chris might agree to some veggies next year..I have a history of killing them with neglect so he gets all 'mmm-hmmm + raised eyebrows' when I talk vegetable gardening.... lol

kate-the-enabler said...

Ack! forgot the most important thing to comment! Happy Birthday little Mack - hope it's super special!

Shelby said...

Yay for a little girl! Love the belly pic- too cute!! And happy birthday Mack!!

Anie, kale said...

beautiful belly! I'm jealous... though I'm not ready for no. 3 yet!

Tara said...

Congrats again on your little girl! Have you got enough pink in your stash? :)

carolyn said...

The same thing happened to us - never expected a girl because my husband's family is full of boys and all the cousins are boys...but we had a girl! And it's wonderful. You must be floating on cloud 9! Can't wait to see if she has red hair. Her big brothers will love her! And she'll be tough because of them. :)

Knit Girl Knit said...

Happy Birthday! And Congrats on your pregnancy! That is such exciting news! And a girl to boot! After 2 boys! You're so lucky!

Sarah B. said...

I know I have been a terrible friend and owe you a nice, long email, but I wanted to post really quick and tell you CONGRATS!!!! You've been in my thoughts a lot lately, but this is the first time I've turned on my computer in about two weeks. Hugs, my friend!

halloweenlover said...

WOW WOW WOW! I can't believe I missed this post! Congratulations! So happy for you! Can't wait to hear all the details.

g-girl said...

looks like mack had a wonderful 2nd birthday! :) your belly did pop out faster this time around. the garden looks phenomenal! I'm super excited that you're having a girl too! :) We can ALL knit in pink now! (or purple!). ;)

Bea said...

I know your thrilled to be knitting for a girl. Congrats again.

The garden is looking fabulous. Too bad I can't come steal some fresh green veggies.