Wednesday, September 08, 2010

09.08.10

rhodapkg
I have wonderful friends.
I got the most awesome birthday package today in the mail from Rhoda.
I got 2 skeins of Knitpicks Stroll (which was on my wishlist).
Green is Springtime & pink is Queen Anne.
She sent some stickers for the boys.
Some cable extenders for my options set.
And a neat tape measure to add to my collection.
As well as some book suggestions by age for children (love the lists!)

boysclothes
Each boy got some clothes too!
Baby boy got the cutest sleeper. I can't believe how tiny! I miss that size.
Sean got a dino long sleeve tshirt. (He loves it!)
And Mackie got a fireman tshirt. (He loves his too!)

citron
And I cannot believe my eyes. Rhoda knit me a Citron. Non-Ravelry Link. I LOVE IT! Curious what yarn she used. Rhoda!? What yarn is that!? It's super soft.

citronfromrhoda
Already wore it today. Matched what I was wearing!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! LOVE EVERYTHING!

cutiepatotie
Tonight we headed to my in-laws for Rosh Hashanah dinner. It's the Jewish New Year.

seancoolsunglasses
mackzhelmet
Mackie decided he had to wear his helmet.
Luckily we got him to take it off by dinner time.
But come on, he's just too cute in it...

seanmackjamiecouz
The boys had fun seeing their cousin, and the rest of the family. The food was delicious as always. I love holiday food. So yummy! Especially when it's home cooked. I don't last long on my feet these days, and I'm not supposed to be standing for long anyhow, so I'm kinda glad this year the holidays aren't at my house. Next year. When baby boy is 9/10 months old, Sean will be almost 5 (gasp!) and would probably be a huge help in the kitchen, then I can cook for everyone, just not unfortunately this year. This year, it's nice to be able to sit back & enjoy the food & everyone's company.

שנה טובה ומתוקה


Today's Love:
- Sean can count backwards from 10-0. Love that he wants to tell everyone he sees!
- Sean knows his left from his right. Smart kid!
- Love that Mack has gotten to be very outspoken with how he's feeling.
- Love that at age 2 and 3 and a half, they don't know how to lie, so when they get roudy and someone hurts the other, they're honest about what happened.
- Love that Sean can now write the letter D. (Amongst a few other letters). He can also spell his name (for a while now!)
- Love that I'm surprising the boys with Yo Gabba Gabba Live tickets shortly. They're going to FLIP! I'm not telling them until we walk into the show. We missed the Montreal show this past weekend, (I had no idea they were in town), so we're taking a small road trip to see them (don't worry I'm not going alone with them, I can't because of the praevia). Should be fun! We're also going to see The Wiggles later this year, but Sean knows already. Though, he's probably TOTALLY forgotten about that now. I can't wait to see their reaction.

... Ah, they're getting too big too fast. Can I freeze time?

6 comments:

infiKnitGirl said...

Hi! I started following your blog yesterday when I was on a hunt for knitting blogs to read. I decided to follow yours because we both have two little ones with a third on the way. Mine is due Dec 22nd and hoping I go a few days early so I don't have to be in the hospital when Santa comes. Based on your calendar countdown, it looks like you're due on Christmas, but being Jewish, probably not too much of a big deal. I also wanted to tell you that my 3 year old likes to wear her bike helmet in the car too. It's too funny! Enjoy all the fun things you have coming up!

Tara said...

Nice package! Isn't it awesome when someone knits for us for a change? :)

g-girl said...

SO glad you guys loved everything. it was very difficult parting with your citron. lol. the yarn is tess' designer yarn superwash merino lace. she's based in maine and can be found at stitches. :) omg!!!!! you guys are going to see yo gabba gabba live?? Jealous!!!! sean is quite the smarty pants. the inability to lie lasts for a while--be glad. :)

Bea said...

I will finish your birthday present eventually. I will finish your birthday present eventually. I think I can. I think I can...

Amelah said...

Happy New Year Sis :D

Wow, awesome gift you got there!!! Something for everyone!

kim said...

LOVE the citron! That's close to the same shade of yarn I got at mdsw for mine!