Tuesday, September 28, 2010

09.28.10 :: 45 months old

45mosS
Sean is 45 months old today.
I can't believe his 4th birthday is in 3 months.

seansdude
I love Sean's recently acquired drawing skills.
Not sure when, but it went from lines all over the page to actual drawings.
I love it.
This one reminds me of Stewie.

forcatherine

I brought my sewing instructor this awesome pincushion tonight at my sewing lesson, as it was recently her birthday. One of my awesome friends makes them, and it made the perfect gift.

sewnbooties

Tonight we made baby booties in class. It took the full 2 hours to make them. I think they are so adorable. We used this online tutorial. While I think the shoes are the cutest things ever, I will have to wait until I have a baby to put them on to see how they "wear". They elastic part isn't exactly that "elastic-y", so we'll see how they are. Apparently these are meant to be 0-6 month size. I'll let you know when they fit baby boy 3's feet. They'll definitely make an appearance to this blog.

I finished listening to The Friday Night Knitting Club. All 741 minutes of it. While it wasn't my absolute fave book, it kept me entertained enough in the car whenever I wasn't with the kids (because when the kids are in the car, it's kid stuff we listen to, of course). I did end up getting Knit Two, and already have it loaded in the car to listen to next. It's a little shorter than the first book (It's only 646 minutes), but now I'm curious to see what happens to all the characters. Why not. It's something to keep my brain stimulated, as it takes real concentration to listen to an audio book. Can't let your mind wander off, or you'll have to re-start what you were listening to. I think it's very good for the brain to listen to audio books.

Today’s Link Love:
- This image and this one too.
- I won a contest today! A copy of the Holiday 2010 Knit Simple Mag (A magazine I actually get from time to time from the newstand!). From 1000+ entries she picked 10 winners! Wow!
- I love that so many new patterns are being listed on Ravelry daily. Now if only I could find more hours in the day to knit. Wouldn't that be nice.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, those booties are so CUTE!! You know, I should totally take a sewing class. It's something I've been meaning to learn to do for AGES, but I just haven't gotten around to yet. Maybe if I actually set a TIME for it, I'll finally get it done. So much to do, eh Robyn!? :)

g-girl said...

haha. it does look like stewie! the booties are cute! :) oh and i love the cupcake pincushion! it takes a lot of concentration to listen to audiobooks? yeah, something I lack for some reason. Must've picked that bad habit up from my students! ;)

Bea said...

I love those booties. So so cute!

Amelah said...

HAHAHAH Stewie! Go Sean!

I love the pin cushion. I need to make one!

So cute the booties!! Were they hard to do?