Thursday, September 16, 2010

09.16.10 :: 117 weeks old

117weeksM

Mack is 117 weeks old today.

beforehairdo

Yesterday I decided I had enough with my hair. I had just blow dried it straight. My last time blow drying it straight this long. It was indeed time for a change. A much needed change. My hair was starting to feel heavy. I was throwing it into a bun or pony tail a lot because I really just don't have the time to do stuff with it. In the mornings, forget about it - trying to get the 2 boys out the door is a challenge in itself. The evenings? Forget about it - I'm wiped these days. And I'm sure my time will be even less when Baby 3 is born. Time? What's time?
newdo1

So I went to go see my sister's friend Kristin (whom everyone I know goes to as well), and showed her a few ways my hair has been short in the past, showed her a cute image I found online of a recent trendy short hair style, and then told her I trusted her to do what she thought would look best on me and my shape face, etc.

newdo

I really love how it came out. It needs some time to grow on me though. I totally thought Jamie would be surprised (I didn't tell him I was going for a haircut), but he saw it and actually said he liked it, and wasn't surprised as it wasn't the first time I've chopped my hair off while pregnant.

I feel freer. My hair was getting thick and it really was weighing me down. Now for the real test, to see if I can do my hair just as nicely as the hairdresser did, when I style it next after my next shower. Or even blow dry it just as nicely as she did. I'm sure my hair will actually blow dry a lot quicker these days.

I received another free credit for an audio book. What do you suggest I get? I'm stuck for ideas. I do still have a bunch of books to read (hardcover or paperback) but I can't do that while driving to work, so I've been really into listening to audio books on the 30 minute drive to work and the 30 minute drive home from work. Any good suggestions?

11 comments:

Yvette said...

It looks really fresh!

Very Shannon said...

You look gorgeous!!!

kristo said...

Your new haircut looks awesome!

Dawn said...

I love the hair! I'm sure you'll love it soon too!

Amelah said...

Kristin did an awesome job, as always! I always tell her to do what she wants too :) Glad you like her work too!

Sophie Kinsella's new book comes out next week?

Tara said...

Very nice! Sometimes we just need a change, right? I'm sure you'll do fine styling it, short hair is easier.

infiKnitGirl said...

Love the new hair. It's very flattering!

Bea said...

I think the hair cut looks really cute. One of the ladies at work has a similar do.

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

I love it!!! Now I want to chop my long hair too! :)

jacquelyn karp said...

if you enjoyed 'friday night knitting club' you should look into the sequel 'knit two'

g-girl said...

well, that's one thing off your list of things on your mind from yesterday. :) it looks great and i bet you feel great too!