Thursday, March 08, 2007

10 Weeks

Yes, I know, as soon as Sean can move himself, I WILL be taking that stuff in the corner of his crib out. I know it's "illegal" you don't have to tell me! It's just there now, so he can look at, since he likes to look at things, and he can't crawl, so he won't be touching it anytime soon... but at the first sign of moving, he will not have that in his crib, and apparently I need to take out the bumper pads too? For what reason? So he can hurt his head on the railings? How does that make any sense? Oh - and the pillow? I thought pillows were a NO-NO for babies. Well, this is a suggestion from his doctor yesterday. It may help him with his acid reflux, we're testing it out. I do need to cut the tag off the pillow though - that I will do right away the next time he wakes up. I'm NOT moving him right now, he's FINALLY asleep!

10 weeks. Sean's 10 weeks old. That's no longer single digits in weeks. Double digits. Wow. Where does time go? He's getting to be a big boy now, however small he may be!

Today was just one of those days. Sean didn't nap ONCE during the entire day. It's been a really frustrating day for me, as I was trying to get chores done, and laundry done, and SP10 stuff done, yet everytime I thought I had a few moments, Sean was hungry again, or needed his diaper changed, or wanted to be played with. And I swear, he ate all day long. He's a growing boy. It's crazy!

No STR Club kit in the mail today. They were mailed from BMFA's on the 26th of February. As of tomorrow, that's 2 business weeks. If I don't receive it by tomorrow, I'm going to toss them an email and see what's up. STR, STR, where are you????! [update: apparently I just read that International orders ONLY went out today. Gosh, that sucks. So I bet it won't come until at least the END of next week.... so sad... I hope this does NOT happen again next shipment, hopefully they've mastered a better system! I also don't think they were expecting 2000+ members to join!]

Jazz & Zeus have been jealous that I have been taking a lot of photos of Sean, but none of them. Tonight I caught them cuddling with each other on our unmade bed (Oops! Was too lazy today! Actually I lie, I had NO time today to make the bed, lol...) So I leave you with a shot of the kits...


No knitting today. It's just been one of those days...

To Angela - Happy One Year Friendship. (Angela and I met one year ago today). Angela - UPDATE YOUR BLOG! LOL. YOU BAD BAD GIRL!

5 comments:

lauravee said...

You and I are in the same boat over the STR shipment. I am domestic but have yet to receive mine yet. People surrounding me have gotten theirs, but mine has yet to make an appearence. Hopefully yours will get their soon and maybe mine will come today! Sean is getting so big!

Maggie said...

Sean is adorable! I really like that elephant blanket, where did you get it?

Oh and don't worry about the toys and stuff in the crib...Oliver still has some in his. Removing the bumper is because they can roll over and smother in it. You can get one at Target or Walmart that is breathable mesh that is a little safer.

Jennifer Lori said...

According to my prenatal class on safety, there are two reasons for removing the bumper pads. 1 is that the baby can roll over and smother. But the bigger reason is to reduce the risk of SIDS. Any time you reduce the flow of air around a baby the risk of SIDS is increased, so the bumper pads trap air in the crip and don't allow it to circulate like it would through the open bars. Just repeating what I've been told...

g-girl said...

aww, everyone looks so cozy and snug! Sorry to hear that your str shipment is going to take some time to get to you. :P

Jenny said...

That blanket that Sean has is too cute, I just love it! I am really into green and we did our nursery in a cute frog pattern, but those elephants are just adorable!