Day two. We stayed in all day.
This afternoon I decided to bake a little, and was craving cucumber sandwiches, which are VERY simple to make. All you need is the bread of your choice, cream cheese, and cucumbers. C'est tous!
First spread the cream cheese over the bread. I decided to use whole wheat bread for my sandwich, since I prefer to eat whole wheat over white bread.
Then you slice up your cucumber and place the pieces on one half of the sandwich. Make sure you cover all the piece entirely.
Then you place the other half on top - to make the sandwich whole. See, it's not that hard at all.
Then, you cut off the crust. No crust allowed! You can then either eat the sandwich as is, or cut it into smaller pieces for finger food! I actually cut mine up small because I was sharing it with Sean. It was sooo yummy. I made an extra sandwich to have tomorrow on the way to Sean's class. (I never eat breakfast in the morning, and I'm always hungry).
I also baked an apple cake today (and let me tell you it's almost all gone). The key to my apple cake, McIntosh apples. (And no other!) It's my mother-in-law's recipe (Jamie's step-mom) and I haven't made it in months. Sean even loved it! Gave us a "mmmmmmmmmm!"
My apple cake wouldn't be complete without cinnamon on top. (And some inside!) Oh, deliciousness!
For part one of my 1000 post contest, you just need to be commenter number 3616. I'm not going to tell you (obviously) how many comments I'm up to - but I should be able to reach comment 3616 by my 1000th post on March 22nd, 2008 - all you have to do is leave a comment!
For part two of my contest - all the details are worked out - however tomorrow I'll give you the 411 on that. Promise you, tomorrow.
There's this really neat site called Money Saving Mom. Too bad it applies to Americans, as we don't have Walgreens, Target, CVS, etc here in Canada... but I wanted to share the link to those American friends of mine who read this blog. There are great Money Saving Techniques. The Site is all another language to me, talking in codes I don't get - but if we actually had those stores here, maybe I'd take the time to actually figure it out. Though, I wonder, or rather, it makes me wonder, that all these "savings" are if you buy the items that are on "sale" or whatever, to get points and money back, but are those items things that you actually need? Or are people just buying them, because they need them for points and to save money because they are on sale?
Sean's new thing is that when you ask him where the light is he points up to the ceiling and says "UP!". It's the cutest thing ever. He started doing it just last night (when we had guests over). It was just the cutest.
Oh, and tomorrow, I promise you - photos of my Baby Surprise Sweater. Promise!
Day Two: No money spent. Didn't even leave the house.
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- ► 2010 (363)
- ► 2009 (367)
- march thirty-one :: 31 days :: the last day :: 26 ...
- march thirty :: 31 days :: day thirty
- march twenty-nine :: 31 days :: day twenty-nine
- march twenty-eight :: 31 days :: day twenty-eight ...
- march twenty-seven :: 31 days :: day twenty-seven
- march twenty-six :: 31 days :: day twenty-six
- march twenty-five :: 31 days :: day twenty-five
- march twenty-four :: 31 days :: day twenty-four ::...
- march twenty-three :: 31 days :: day twenty-three
- march twenty-two :: 31 days :: day twenty-two :: 1...
- march twenty-one :: 31 days :: day twenty-one :: 6...
- march twenty :: 31 days :: day twenty
- march nineteen :: 31 days :: day nineteen
- march eighteen :: 31 days :: day eighteen
- march seventeen :: 31 days :: day seventeen :: 24 ...
- march sixteen :: 31 days :: day sixteen
- march fifteen :: 31 days :: day fifteen
- march fourteen :: 31 days :: day fourteen :: 63 we...
- march thirteen :: 31 days :: day thirteen
- march twelve :: 31 days :: day twelve
- march eleven :: 31 days :: day eleven
- march ten :: 31 days :: day ten :: 23 weeks pregna...
- march nine :: 31 days :: day nine
- march eight :: 31 days :: day eight
- march seven :: 31 days :: day seven :: 62 weeks
- march six :: 31 days :: day six
- march five :: 31 days :: day five
- march four :: 31 days :: day four
- march three :: 31 days :: day three :: 22 weeks pr...
- march two :: 31 days :: day two
- march one :: 31 days :: day one
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)