Friday, March 28, 2008

march twenty-eight :: 31 days :: day twenty-eight :: 15 months

Day twenty eight. I'm one tried mama.

Last night I finished reading Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella. It was just alright. I have read other better books by her, though I still enjoyed this one. I found it to be a really "easy" read. Like simple (as in easy simple).

Sean is 15 months old today. 15 months old and his first two molars on top are cut/cutting through. The top left side is cut already through the gums and the top right is about to cut any day now. No wonder he's been getting up in the middle of the night and maybe that's his reason for fever 2 weeks ago? (Or was that too long ago to be connected?) I was checking his gums earlier today and that's when I noticed them. Boy did he bite down hard on my finger! I really need to pull out the What To Expect The Toddler Years and see where 15 month olds should be. I have it in Sean's big boy room. I'll get it to it tomorrow. Though, I honestly feel that Sean is a lot smarter than a lot of the 18 month old kids in his class. And I honestly feel that it's because we don't talk to him like a baby. I use "adult" conversation with him, and no "goo goo ga ga" talk. (I can't stand that "Talk"). Anyhow, I'll pull out the book tomorrow and let you know where Sean stands at 15 months! Wow... 15 months though..... really! I'm still shocked that he's 15 months old already. 3-3.5 more months until he's a big brother! He'll still always be my baby though... my first baby!

After our music class this morning we got to play in the gym for free, and we usually stay for about 30 minutes - and when my friend and her 2 kids clear out - we head out too. Sean, is obsessed with the cleaning product toys.... I need to see if I can find him this vacuum cleaner. He chases after my cleaning lady when she comes to try to use hers! I had gotten him a lawn mower, but not a vacuum cleaner. I'll see if I can get one that is as awesome as this one! But between the music class we have on Friday and the other two classes we're taking, he loves loves loves playing with the cleaning toys....! That's my boy.

On the way back home, he had some goldfish (and apparently made a mess on himself) and then passed out. We stopped at my parents house for a bit. I was hungry and knew that they'd have what I was craving in the house - nothing special - just a whole wheat baloney and salami sandwich, and so we went there for lunch.

After lunch we headed home, and my sister called me to ask if we would be home for a bit. I actually wasn't going anywhere for the rest of the day.

My sister spoils Sean. She came over with this Little Tikes Police Car for him. I had the Coupe on my list of things to eventually get him - (We have PLENTY of space in the hardwood floor basement for him to roll around in it inside all year round, or outside in the summer. Also, I think there is plenty of enough room in his toy room upstairs) and well, Auntie Amy just had to spoil him. I started putting it together while Amy was over, but easily got frustrated. I left it for Jamie. It took him OVER an HOUR to put it together! My gosh! Sean wanted to go into it the entire time Jamie was putting it together.

This afternoon Sean and I took a much needed nap on the couch - I just couldn't keep my eyes open. My in-laws came for dinner, and it was delicious. Mmmm!

In Robyn's Nest news - the next 100 mailed orders (Solo orders for Sock Club kits don't count because extra swag goes into those kits already) will be getting some Robyn's Nest Swag from my Cafepress shop. I guess you'll see when you place an order! Also, slowly but surely, I'm uploading some new stuff into stock! Stay tuned. I've got some great gadgets for the Notions lover coming your way. I'm very excited for all the neat stuff we're getting into stock.

I started wearing my shoes...! Sneakers to be precise. I'm sooooooo done with the boot thing. I'm also done with my winter jacket - well actually the baby belly doesn't really fit into it anymore - but that's a whole other story. I'm hoping that the weather will just keep warming up and will be spring jacket weather.

Day twenty-eight. So close to the end - I can smell it. To make it through, this weekend we're just chilling at home - not going anywhere, until Sunday night dinner at my parents house. I can't believe how well I've done this month! So proud!

6 comments:

Amelah said...

What fun is it to be an Aunt if you can't spoil your nephew ;)

So proud of u and ur slow month LOL i could never do it!!!! :) Although I prob should...

I love the first pic of u and Sean, sooo cute! He can come to my place and vacuum any time he wants!!

Jennifer Lori said...

What a cute car! Sean sure is lucky to have an Auntie Amy! (Not that Jakob's lacking in the getting spoiled department LOL)

You have me really wanting to do a slow month, but I can't! April has too many things I have to do, May is Jakob's birthday and I need supplies for his party, I think I'll have to put it off until June!

Jennifer said...

happy 15 months to sean - such a cutie!

way to go on the slow month...i can't imagine doing it and you've done great!

Bea said...

Happy 15 months Sean!! That car looks like it will be a lot of fun for him!

g-girl said...

how cute is sean vaccuuming! you should be able to find him a toy vaccuum cleaner. My friend had one for her son a couple years back. oooh, how lucky is he to get that police coupe!

Tara said...

Nice police cruiser! I'd love to get something like that for Maxime, but I just don't have the floor space!