Saturday, November 08, 2008

november eight

This morning we took care of business, and packed up the car and headed on the road for my nephew's 6th birthday party. His real birthday is next Saturday, but he's with his father next weekend, so he'll be celebrating with him then.

There was some knitting all the way down there. I cast on for Sean's teacher Tirhu's Xmas present. I'm knitting the Herringbone Neck Warmer. It seemed to be a quick knit, but the Herringbone pattern is a biatch to knit. It's killing my fingers & my wrist with the big needles/thick yarn - which is calls for. I'm using my sparkly clear circulars that I love.

Sean loves the doctor set that my sister-in-law had. I actually have one at home for him, but didn't think he was ready for it. Apparently he is. So I'll pull it out when I get back from Beauce. He even knew how to use all the tools in the set. (I'm assuming he learned from daycare...) Also, the girl who he is playing doctor with - is my sister-in-law's boyfriend's daughter. A blonde. Sean's fave. He was glued to her all weekend while we were there. Funny kid loves his blonde older girls!

My nephew loved his new skull hat that I made for him along with all the other presents that we got him. Apparently he is not allowed to wear anything Skulls or Bones to school, so his new hat will be for weekends only. I'm so glad it fits him!

And this afternoon I learned how to play Chicken Foot. I love the game so much that I will be going out to get a set of Dominoes when I get home! Jamie's mom and her wife brought the set and taught us all how to play - what a fun game! I ended up winning the game - beginner's luck? Across the table from me (left) is my Step-Mother-in-Law and (right) my Mother-in-Law. Also playing were my sister-in-law's friend and my father-in-law and my mother-in-law's wife.

This evening we headed back to a Bed & Breakfast where we are sleeping. I unfortunately didn't want to stay at my sister-in-law's place due to a few reasons. 1) There was no room for us to sleep there as my mother-in-law and her wife were staying there, 2) my SIL's bed is a hard board, it's too uncomfortable and 3) there is an open concept to the entire house, and there are no doors on any rooms, not even the bathroom (WTF?). So yeah, we're here at the B&B, and I love it here. It's a family friend of my sister-in-law's who owns the place and I've met the lady before, she's super sweet.

I'm going to go crash in bed with Mack and read. Once Mack falls asleep he'll be in the Pack-N-Play. Jamie's sharing a bed with Sean tonight (so he doesn't fall out of the bed!) We're in this room.

8 comments:

Amelah said...

Glad he likes the hat! Looks good on him! Sean is way too cute!

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

The hat looks great, it's a shame the schools have that rule, with pirates so popular now. It must be a gang thing. I bet your nephew will want you to make this hat again and again as he grows.

Unknown said...

Look at Sean on the potty. He's a paper reading boy already, huh?

Anonymous said...

No doors on the bathrooms either? Um...eww..........

Hattie said...

Hehe, my son saw yours on the potty in the pic and was very excited lol.

Bea said...

Its almost like being there with you! I'm glad you had a super fun time at the party and it looks like Sean really did too. The pirate hat looks awesome.

g-girl said...

fun that you got to stay @ a B&B! too bad your nephew can't wear the skull hat to school but I'm sure he'll wear it as much as he can outside of school! :) I'm gonna have to check out that chicken foot game!

Tara said...

Quite the eyes on that nephew of yours. How sad is that that school restrictions have gone so far that he can't wear his hat to school???