Thursday, November 20, 2008

november twenty

Today I met up with 4 other mommies from Mack's playgroup. We went to a mall that I haven't been to in ages - probably not since before Sean was born, or even pregnant with him. It was a nice change to get out of the house - but apparently I missed one street and took the scenic route there. Fun. Remind me next time not to do that! Also - on the way home, you have to go East bound before you can go back West bound, and yeah.... I had no idea where I was going, and ended up going out of my way before getting back on track again. I think I'll be avoiding that mall for a while now. We had a great time having lunch and walking around the mall.

Last night I filled up my car with gas. 32$ for a FULL tank. I cannot tell you the last time it's cost only 32$ for a full tank. Wow...! I've been used to filling up my tank at 55$-60$ per tank. I filled up at 82.4 per liter. Today, I saw it as low as 80.4. Jamie says he saw it at 79.9. I think it's been at least 10 years since gas was at 79.9. Crazy. I hope it stays this low! This is great.

Sean is so cute with Mackie. He likes to go up to him and say "Massie, up, peas". (English: "Mackie, Up, Please"). Meaning - come play with me - get up! He calls him Massie - it's sooo cute. So much that I've caught myself calling Mackie "Massie"...

My cleaning lady is in Punta Cana right now, probably on a beach somewhere.... I miss her. My house misses her. Though, today I did manage to get a few things around the house done, since she's not here. I do have to say, that with 2 kids, I'm glad she comes once a week and not once every other week.

I started reading a new book today, Watermelon by Marian Keyes. 613 pages. I'm nuts. But it's mass market size, so it's not that bad! So far, it's an easy read - we'll see how long it takes me to read it.

I decided that I want to grow out my hair. For now, anyhow. Right now it's at that in between stage where it's too short by a centimeter to put up in a ponytail. I'm dying to get it up into a pony already. It's a lose-lose situation. When my hair is long, I hate it long, and want to chop it off. It's too long to manage and as a mom to two boys, I don''t have the time to style it, etc. When it's short, it's easy to manage but then I miss putting it up in a ponytail. Oy, what to do?

7 comments:

Bea said...

14 separate ponytails all over your head??

g-girl said...

here's to hoping gas prices keep going down!! that is darling that sean calls mack massie!! wow..that book is 613 pages?? I read the first sentence or two of the book--sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

LaurenSmash said...

I have *really* short hair too, I just put mine up in a ponytail and put tons of bobby pins in it :D

Dawn said...

That is so cute that sean calls mack massie. My oldest started calling our youngest siah for Josiah and it kind of stuck as a nickname.

Amelah said...

Yeah, I plan to grow my hair long too.

10 yrs? U sure, @ my prom gas was 64.5 [ish], and that was 2002 only 6 yrs ago?

Maggie said...

cute that Sean calls Mack "Massie". Oliver still calls Wyatt "Quiet". having two boys is so much fun!!

gas here is the lowest it's been in 5 years. We're paying just under $2 for a gallon

Tara said...

I wish I could afford to have my cleaning lady come every week!