Thursday, November 13, 2008

november thirteen

Look! Non-maternity jeans!! My first pair bought since getting pregnant with Sean. I can do up a zipper! They're not in my regular size, but not that far off. I do have to keep working at losing some more weight, but I'm feeling better and motivated to get rid of those few extra pounds and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight - pre-Sean pregnancy that is! I have faith in myself, I'm going to start now, but it'll be a 2009 project to continue working on!

I bought them today at the mall. I went for lunch with 3 other mommies in Mack's playgroup. We did some shopping, I submitted Mack & Sean's passports at the passport office (should get them in 5-10 business days) and also hit up the post office to mail some orders. Got some cute Halloween shirts for Mack - that can pass as non-Halloween cuz there's just bats on them for a great deal at Old Navy (where I got my new jeans as well!)

Guess who can tripod-sit...?! Mr. Mack. He can't sit up straight, but he's getting good at tripoding himself. Gosh, he'll be 5 months old on Monday. Boy does time fly!! The boy doesn't stop drooling - I think he's teething majorly! I wonder when he'll get his first tooth - Sean's first tooth didn't come until his 9th month.

In the last week and a bit, Mack's discovered his feet. His feet seem to always be in his mouth. He's also rolling over. He's gotten from his back to this front and then today, from his front to his back.

Tonight at West Island Knits was so much fun!

I actually finished Coreen's Neck Warmer tonight. I'm going to need to block it - and then weave in ends & sew on buttons. It was a quick knit, and I love it. I loved working with this yarn. I'm going to turn it into a PDF and then offer it for free on Ravelry. As soon as it's done though, so I can take pictures! Stay tuned!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go with the jeans! Oh, and the cables look gorgeous!

Unknown said...

5 months already?!?!?!? Where does the time go???

Congrats on the jeans! That's always the best feeling. Fitting into 1 size lower. Love, love, love that. (She says as she just ate a huge sandwich! Sigh...)

Amelah said...

Congrats on the Jeans!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for jeans with buttons and zippers! I remember my first pair after my son was born....not the same size as before, but also not too far off :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the "regular jeans" !!!! THey look great! Mack is getting so big - Liv is doing the roll over thing and loves to stand (with almost no support - little dare devil) but no sitting yet. Liv has been drooling too, maybe they will both pop a tooth at the same time????

Bea said...

Yay! Awesome about the jeans. Yay! Mack is sitting up (sorta). Five months seems like yesterday.

Zonda said...

Good for you on the jeans!! Mack's a cutie!! Look forward to that pattern, lovely cables!

g-girl said...

yahoo for getting in a pair of non-maternity pants!!! :) funny-I did some old navy shopping myself. ;) love the strawberry bib on mack!

Anonymous said...

Mack is getting so big! :) And congrats on the 'normal' jeans, way to go, supermum! :)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats on the jeans!

Love Mack's strawberry bib - it's so cute! That's awesome that he's rolling over and tripod sitting!

Aura said...

I agree it does feel great to fit on smaller jeans. Congratulations on what you have achieved. My work out consists of Zumba and Body sculpt., three days a week plus I do take care of what I eat.

I came across your blog which is listed as a favorite on one of the girls who comes to my Knit Nuts meeting.

You are my friend in Ravelry and you also know Drea, my daughter.

Mack sure is beautiful and looks so healthy and happy.

Tara said...

Nothing makes a mama feel sexy like a new pair of slimmin' jeans. Good for you!