Wednesday, November 12, 2008

november twelve

This morning I called a lady from Telus that Jamie had spoken to last week and I was told to call her. She pretty much offered me a better plan for cheaper than I was paying, and as well, if I resigned today, I would get a free cell phone. So I'll be getting a Samsung m620. On one side it's a phone the other side it's an MP3 player with all my tools. Very excited to get it. Jamie's already got his (as of last week) and it's neat. I have the iPod touch, so I don't need the iPhone, though I love the look of the iPhone, and already know how it works, since it's practically the same as the iPod touch, just as a phone. I should be getting my new phone in a day or so, Jamie got his the day AFTER he spoke to the representative on the phone.

This afternoon I took Mack to the movies. I went to go see Role Models. What a funny movie. I love both Paul Rudd and Seann William Scott. I got to knit a bit, but then through the 2nd half of the movie, Mack wanted to be held. I'm glad I got out of the house today to see the movie.

Late afternoon after I picked up Sean from daycare I took them both to a place near my house to get their passport photos taken. I'm hoping that the passport office will not reject the photos - but I guess I'll see. I'm taking the forms to the passport office tomorrow, so hopefully it will be okay. The lady said that if it does end up getting rejected she'll redo them for free. That was very nice of her.

Upon picking up Sean from daycare though, I learned that one of the kids in his class didn't show up today as his or her mother found lice in their kid's hair. Ew. All of Sean's stuff from daycare (sheets and blanket and Nunu for naptime) were sent home, along with all his extra clothing,e tc. I had to wash everything tonight, and bring it back tomorrow. Sean's head was checked for lice by someone trained to look for it - and she found nothing on Sean. Phew. This happened to the kid during the Ped Day yesterday, so I'm hoping that when the kid was there on Monday that he/she didn't have it yet. but everything in Sean's classroom was scrubbed down/sent to be cleaned. Fun! I'm just happy that Sean doesn't have lice. I wish that he never has to go through that. I don't think I've ever had it myself, and I'm rather glad.

This evening I just hung out with my 3 boys. We watched some TV, I got some knitting done (working on Coreen's Neck Warmer - for Sean's daycare teacher Coreen) and it was a nice relaxing evening. No complaints here. But once again, I can't keep my eyes open and I'm going to go read a bit (if I can keep my eyes open a bit) and get a good night's rest. Boys are tiring! I really wanted a glass of wine tonight, but all we had in the house was Heineken. So I settled for some Heineken! Though, I think I'll be going out tomorrow and picking up a bottle of wine. Sometimes I just like a nice glass of red.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Apparently, if you have Skype, you can use it on the touch. I don't speak from experience, but I can see it happening.
Also, if Sean DID get lice (knock on wood) it's much easier to get it out of short hair than long, and you could easily give him a buzz cut.
As soon as i typed the word lice, my head started to itch. I KNOW I don't have lice though, my hair is dyed/cut at least twice a month and they wouldn't be able to survive!

Amelah said...

Eww lice lol! Glad Sean doesnt have it! Not fun!!!!

Bea said...

Glad there were no lice to be found! Yuck.

Anonymous said...

how much for a passport photo?! ePassportPhoto.com worked like a charm to me to get passport photos for pennies...

Unknown said...

Good thing Sean didn't get the lice. I never had them either but I remember the name of the girl who did in elementary school. Hopefully Sean's friend is too young to get the teasing that this girl did. I think we were 7 or 8 at the time.

g-girl said...

ack lice! :P glad to hear sean doesn't have it. there's some kind of shampoo you can get to prevent him from getting it if he's been exposed to someone that has had it. I can't remember the name of it but a parent from school showed it to me. role models looked like it would be funny!

Tara said...

I got lice in the first or second grade. It was only one or 2 actual bugs and a crap-load of eggs, apparently, but my mother still wound up having to lop off practically all my hair to comb out the eggs. So glad he didn't get it!