Tuesday, December 08, 2009

december eight

Specs:
Pattern: Hackie Sack (My Ravelry Link)
For: Test
Yarn: J&P Coats Royale Fashion Crochet (Size 3)
Hook: 3.5 mm (E)
Size: Too small
Timeline: December 8 2009
Modifications: Followed pattern as published.
Opinion: It's too small & I don't like it. I will try another pattern. Wanted to make it for my nephew as a stocking stuffer, but I have to perfect it before giving it to him. Also - the way it's done to decrease the lentils I filled it with (as suggested online to use for a hackie sack) fall right through some of the decrease areas). Will try again! Need to perfect it.

Today I worked in the office. My arm mis still sore, but I am able to type, so thank goodness I don't have to do any manual work at my job. Otherwise I wouldn't


Tonight I h ad the Montreal Knitting Guild meeting, and Madeleine picked me up and we went together. It was nice to see some friends there, Christine, Eugenie, as well as some other members that I know, as well as a few from my knit group. The blanket above was knit by one of our members. Holy! It's insane! I am going to try to find out more information to give you - the pattern or if it's on Ravelry (which I doubt as I don't think she's a ravelry member/user), but it's wicked! I can't even imagine how long it must have taken her to make it! Crazy!! And the detail in it! She brought it tonight as it was our Christmas Party/Show-and-tell night. I brought along my Bella's Mittens to show everyone. Everyone loved them. I worked on that hackie sack above during the meeting tonight. I really am not impressed with it though. There must be a nicer way to finish it off for the second half during the decreases. I'm going to continue searching for another pattern. I'll succeed, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Bea said...

It does look very small. I just figured the spoon was very very very big.

g-girl said...

hope you're able to find another hackie sack pattern. what a great idea for a stocking stuffer! thank blanket is crazy! i wonder how long it took.

Tara said...

Wow, that WAS really small. How did the hackie sack, mark 2 finally turn out?