Wednesday, December 23, 2009

december twenty-three :: 79 weeks old

Mack is 79 weeks old today.

My friend Nathan came to visit today with his wife. Our plans changed though, they were supposed to come for supper, but since Nate's mom freaked out yesterday when she drove into Montreal to get them (since she thought that their plane was landing yesterday), she decided that Nate was at fault and wasn't spending enough time with them, so she wasn't letting her almost 30 year old son stay for dinner at my house, and was picking him up to bring him home around 2:30pm today. Honestly, this is why he lives across the globe from his mom. He's spending until January 4th with his mother at his parents house, and they're even taking a 5 day trip to New York City together. This isn't enough time that he can't spend an afternoon and an evening with me? He was even going to take the bus into Ottawa with his wife, after leaving my house so that his mom or both his parents didn't have to come back into Montreal to get him. Apparently that wasn't good enough.

Nate, Marcella & I.

Nate playing with Sean's marbles.

We couldn't think of any games to play with marbles? Do you have any suggestions? How do you play with them? Any games to recommend?

Merlyn decided to wear the socks that I knit for him today. It's great to see that he likes them.

My in-laws came for dinner tonight, as well as my entire family (parents, brother & sister). Today is my step-mother-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday Norma! (In the picture above is my father-in-law, step-mother-in-law, my nephew with Sean & Mack).

Sean is my little rockstar! He is going to break women's hearts one day.

My father-in-law got some hockey cards for the kids. Jamie also gave them a box tonight to open together. Sean only collects Goalie player cards. All the others (all the other players on the hockey teams, right wings, left wings, centers, defencemen, he traded those off to both his brother & my nephew (his cousin)). He has quite the collection of just goalie cards. Above, you see, he's very excited to have found a goalie card in his pack.

Here is my started Mara Shawl.

It's currently 6” down the center, 15” across.

I am in LOVE with the color.
It's all mine.

3 comments:

Amelah said...

Nice shawl! I need to make one. I wanna use that yarn we bought in Rhinebeck, Ella Rae i think it is called!

Thanks for having me over for dinner :-)

Bea said...

Love the shawl. Love that color. So very pretty.

Tara said...

Great colour choice! It's going to look fabulous on you.