Saturday, December 12, 2009

december twelve

I'm really bad. I skipped Sean's swim class again. He has one more week next Saturday. I will attend. After that, next session he goes into the pool by himself - what a big boy! I can't wait. I feel really bad, but I just couldn't get out the door to swim. Jamie took him out to get bagels and we had a nice brunch in instead.

This afternoon I met up with the lovely Tara and the lovely Caroline.
It had been forever since I'd seen Caroline, and it was nice to see Tara again, and actually sit down and knit with her this time. Always a blast hanging out with my knitting peeps.

The lovely Kadi joined us as well for a bit.

It was so nice to see them. I hope we get to do it again sometime soon. Especially since we all hail from total opposite ends of the city. Literally. From 4 different corners. I worked on an über secret knitting project while out today, that I ended up finishing tonight while watching tv. Quickest knit ever. The person receiving it will get it next week, so I will only be able to post pictures then. Stay tuned!

I keep hearing a sizzling sound coming from my laundry room. Yet when I'm in the laundry room I hear it coming from my office. It's driving me nuts. I want to know what it is so I can make it stop. I'm hoping one of the kids' chanukah/xmas/Sean's birthday toys isn't possessed and is making sounds. And today's not the first time I've heard it. Very weird. I am hoping it stops soon.

Since last night I lit the candles after Sean was in bed, tonight I made sure to do it while he was still awake so that he could see what was going on. Last year he was still too young, he wasn't even 2 yet.

Though, again like last year, after lighting the menorah, he wanted to blow out the candles as if it were a birthday cake. That gave me a chuckle. Silly boy!

Happy Chanukah to my friends who celebrate!

So, I had NO idea until today that I (Knit & Purl Mama) was nominated for the Canadian 2009 Best Crafts, Cook, & Other Activities Blog! Please go and vote for me! I was actually elected into the top 5! I can't believe it! Thank you to whomever nominated me! I also was nominated for "Best Overall" but didn't make it to Round 2. Wow! This is so much fun - thank you so much. Round 2 voting is open until December 19th. Please go rank me number 1! Thank you in advance! I hope to make the next round, 3 of us will move on! Yes, I know, I'm up against the Yarn Harlot, but she has won in the past, and she's also in Round 2 for best overall blog - so maybe she can win in another category, and maybe I can actually beat her? Wouldn't that be nice! No offence to her or anything, but maybe it's time for a new winner? :)

4 comments:

Bea said...

I voted for you.

g-girl said...

congrats on the nomination! :)

Amelah said...

Aww looks like a fun time knitting!!

Happy Channukah!

I voted for you!!!

Tara said...

Whoa! I just checked the results page (the advantage of being behind in blog-reading, heh). You TOTALLY got elected!!! Woot!