Wednesday, February 10, 2010

february ten :: 86 weeks old

85wksM
 
Mack is 86 weeks old today.

dumbtruck

Early afternoon I decided to take a drive over to Ariadne to pick up the latest copy of Knitscene (Winter/Spring ‘10). I was so happy that they had a copy left for me (it was the last copy in stock). There are a handful of patterns in the issue that I just love. I couldn’t believe how hard it was to locate a copy! I called and went into a bunch of the magazine shops in my area, nothing. Well, I didn’t mind driving downtown to get a copy at Ariadne, but I wanted to first see if I could find a copy closer to home. Anyhow, on my way home I got stuck one car behind a truck that COULDN’T fit under the under pass. Idiot! We all (and there was a line-up) had to back-up so that he could back-up and let us all go through so that he can turn around and go some other way, because he clearly didn’t fit through. His red boards that are on top of the truck tore apart (as you can see above) as they used to be all attached in a straight piece. Thank goodness I didn’t have anywhere else to be, but that was a real bummer getting stuck behind this guy.

This afternoon I did a bit of rearranging in the house. I took Sean’s bookcase from his bedroom and exchanged it for my bookcase from my office. His is a 3 shelf and mine is a 2 shelf bookcase. I needed more space for my knitting books, and he actually needed less space for his books. So I did a little swap, instead of going out and buying a bigger book case for my office. It’s perfect. I even have my hardcover knitting & crochet books on one shelf and my paperbacks on another. On the top shelf I have little books, and also all my binders with patterns in them. It’s looking neat and organized and I got a lot of books off the floor and now on the bookcase (they were starting to pile up on the floor as I had no more room left in the smaller bookcase. The smaller book case now resides nicely in Sean’s room. It’s perfect for his height. No complaints here. It was a good idea.

istennorak

I got some fun mail today, a fellow raveler sent me some leftover yarn for my Babette & Sock Yarn Blanket. She also included a really pretty row counter bracelet. Knitters are awesome people. Really.
tricotin

 Madeleine brought me a gift last night. She got me a mechanical tricotin. I want to make a bathmat like this one with it. It would a great way to use up some stash cotton yarn. I’m not a fan of knitting with cotton, but to use it on the tricotin, I don’t see it being an issue. (I find cotton dried out my hands and I don’t like working with it)

This evening I was supposed to go out for dinner/coffee with some friends but somehow those plans fell through. One was home with a child who wasn’t feeling good, another wanted to be better for our plans on the weekend, another friend’s husband was busy with a meeting (I think) and she couldn’t leave because of the kids (or something) and I had a bit of a migraine today, so I stayed in the rest of the afternoon and this evening to try to get rid of it. I am feeling a bit better now, and I’m hoping to wake up tomorrow with it gone.

5 comments:

Amelah said...

Wow that trucker is an idiot! Must be male..... "I think i can do it"

Nicole said...

Would you do a review of the tricotin once you get the chance to use it?
I am looking into buying one to replace the little plastic manual one.
What brand is it?

g-girl said...

that truck driver was obviously a moron. what a pain!

Bea said...

Sucks about the truck. Its great about rearranging the house though!

I had to look at the bathmat to figure out what a tricotin was. Looks like it could be fun to play with.

Tara said...

Cool tricotin! I should get one for Emilie, I think she'd get a kick out of it.