Sunday, February 28, 2010

february twenty-eight :: 38 months old

38mosold

Sean is 38 months old today.
(3 years old & 2 months).

mackteethbrush

Mackenzie learned how to brush his teeth on his own.

workingonsleeve2

This afternoon I met up with Tara, Caroline & Madeleine. Kadi was supposed to join us as well, we try to meet up at least every other month as a group, but Kadi had to unfortunately cancel. We chatted, we snacked, I played photographer doing a mini-photo shoot (which was really fun by the way) & I worked on my 2nd sleeve. I wanted to make sure it was done tonight before the Closing Ceremonies ended.

febladydone

SPECS:
Pattern: February Lady Sweater (My Ravelry Project)
For: Me!
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in Blue Lagoon
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm
Size: Medium
Timeline: February 12-28, 2010
Modifications: Knit pattern as written for the Medium Size
(As my measurement was smack in the middle between the S & the M size)
Opinion: I love it. I do need to block it. What an easy fast knit! I am still in shock that I just knit a sweater in 2 weeks' time.

backfebladydone

And just like that, I achieved GOLD for Team Montreal! Until next time!

handpaintedyarn

While out today somehow I talked about a skein of yarn that I had gotten in a swap back in 2006. It’s by “Painted Yarns”. The dyer of this yarn passed away in 2007. I realized that this yarn is not in my stash, but now it is. I realized it wasn’t in my stash when I went to go find it to find more info on it. I have no idea what to do with this lonely skein (260 yards). It seems to be on Ravelry listed as a DK. I guess that looks about right. Anyhow, I need a good project for it. So I ask you, my dear blog readers, what is your fave one skein project that I could do with 260 yards. (No ankle sock suggestions please). It’s a gorgeous color and I think it’s been marinating in my stash long enough.

Now that I have finished my February Lady Sweater, which I still can’t believe that I did in such a short time frame, I have another project up my sleeve, which I will talk about tomorrow.

This evening we all had a good laugh. We went out for dinner with my in-laws, sister-in-law, nephew & step-niece. After dinner (Chinese Food, as per my in-laws request), the fortune cookies were brought. Sean gets his, pulls out his fortune and reads “You will be your best hockey player”… (Of course it really didn’t read that, but that’s what he wanted it to say). Can you tell my child is hockey obsessed? That’s my boy!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

The sweater is lovely! The yarn is beautiful, but sorry I have no ideas for 260 yds. You might try the Cashmere Moebius by Cat Bordhi.

g-girl said...

first of all, congrats on finishing your fls before closing ceremonies. i thought of you during them and was wondering if you were knitting away or were relaxing and enjoying the festivities. :) it looks absolutely wonderful on you! congrats also for completing your very first sweater. yay!!! good luck with coming up with a one skein project. there's a ton out there!

Bea said...

Love the sweater. I think it turned out fantastic and that color looks great on you. If you get good suggestions for that yarn let me know because I have a skein (same size and weight) that's been marinating for a while and I've yet to think of a project.

Caroline said...

The yarn is lovely. Maybe a hat?

Kerry said...

OMG Robyn congratulations!!! It's perfect! Color, fit...everything!

Zonda said...

Woohoo! It looks great! Glad you finished in time :) Hmmm as for the lone skein. A small lace project? Um..pay no attention to me, I must have lace on the brain lately. However, lace with sock yarn or above :)

Barb said...

Grats on finishing the sweater looks great :) How about the 198 yrds of heaven shawl? looks like you have more than enough and that would be a pretty shawlette

Cynthia F said...

Love the sweater, it turned out great & fits you perfectly!!

Amelah said...

Awesome sweater Robyn! Looks good! I don't find it fits funny? Good job!

elizabeth said...

Congrats! The sweater looks great on you, I especially like the color!

You could get a contrasting yarn and make a Chevron scarf...

Anonymous said...

Awesome! WOO HOO Great job on the Olympic Sweater. You CAN do it! :]

I enjoyed knitting the Shapely Shawlette (or whatever it was called, check my Rav) for Barbara. It only took about 4 days and was so pretty when done, maybe you could try that? Or you could use that yarn to try designing your own!

Manicmag said...

congrats on the sweater!! The fit is perfect!! You rock.
Next Olympics you have to do a 2 pcs outfit - Sweater and matching skirt! LOL
As for that lonely skein, I was also thinking something in a Lace design. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.