Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2.15.11 :: 215 weeks & 11 weeks

11wksQ

Quentin is 11 weeks old today.

215wksS

Sean is 215 weeks old today.

Qsleeptummytime

Today, during tummy time, Quentin took a liking to being in this position and he fell asleep. He actually napped for a few hours like this. I couldn't believe it. I guess my kids are just like their mama... a stomach sleeper.

seanneedscut

I think someone needs a haircut!

Today Quentin and I met his new doctor. Our new pediatrician. He'll be taking on all my kids. Thankfully! It's 2 brothers whom share a practice and there is always a doctor there. There are walk-in hours and weekend appointments too. I am glad we found somewhere. And since I know the receptionist, we're getting good service too.

The doctor right away (without me even saying anything) noticed Quentin's Laryngomalacia and told me what it was and that he has a few patients whom have had it and outgrown it. Phew! I like that he knows what it is, and is familiar with the condition. This made me feel so much at ease.

He has those old school style baby scales, with the weight bar to measure the baby's weight. We weighed Quentin and on his scale he's 8 lbs 13 oz (4 kg or 4000 grams). I don't know if it's possible for Quentin to have gained 7 oz since Friday (4 days) but hey, anything's possible right? I plan to take Quentin anyhow later on this week as usual to the clinic to use their digital scale. We'll see if he's actually really almost 9 lbs. We also measured Quentin and his height was correct at his 2 month check up, he's around 56 cm, not the 52.5 cm that the hospital told me on Friday.

I still have yet to meet the other brother doctor, but so far so good. I like this guy, he likes to tell stories, and I think we'll get along just fine with medical care.

I have a new Pampers Gifts to Grow point code for you 4W34A9BD99YDFWY which expires on 2/19/11 so be sure to enter it today!

7 comments:

Celia said...

The bopee pillow was a lifesaver with the sleeping positions for my baby. He had problems with reflux and couldn't lay him flat. I wonder if that position is helpful with Q's condition?

Sandra said...

glad to hear you're happy with your new doc - that makes a world of difference. We had a great one, then she moved, but we lucked into an even better one - closer, moder facilities, everything we could ask for! Especially with kids, comfort plays a huge part.

Kathleen W. said...

What a cute pic of Q napping on the boppy!

So glad things are working out with the new doctor, and how great that he is familiar with Q's condition.

And my son desperately needs a haircut too--time to start the bribery.

g-girl said...

at least with your new pediatricians neither one will go on mat. leave. lol. glad to know the doc picked up right away on quentin's condition and was familiar with it.

Maureen said...

I love that Q wears that stripey outfit in a lot of pictures! Yay!

Amelah said...

Cute picture of you and Baby Q! Nice hair - who did it ;-D LOL

Glad you finally found a doctor, and one you like! And the good thing about you finding two MALES, is you defniitely don't have to worry about them going on mat leave! LOL!!!

Bea said...

So glad you found a good doctor. I'm sure that's a huge relief.