Monday, September 04, 2006

Brunch, Knitting & Beading

This afternoon I went to my Aunt’s house for a brunch for the immediate family & out of town guests that came in for my cousin’s wedding. I took some pictures, and wanted to share:

I love this shot of my mother & I.

Took a nice one of J & I.

And, I have to show off my 22.5 week pregnant belly!

I got these three stones not too long ago, and wanted to make myself a necklace with each as the pendant. I finally got the time today to sit down and do so! Here are the finished products! I can’t wait to wear them with outfits that they match with!On the knitting front, I’ve started a new project (when I should be finishing Clapotis, and J’s sock):

I started knitting a scarf…

am using a repeat pattern, and it’s very simple. I plan to make it rusty orange, this deep cranberry red, and a chocolate brown. I think it will go very nicely with my brown jacket (with baby bump I will NOT be able to wear this winter though… so I will have to get myself a winter jacket that will suit a 8-9 month preggo!)

Tonight, while beading, (necklaces & stitch markers) sewing J’s shorts & baseball pants (button fell off the shorts & the pants had a hole in the pocket) I have been watching movies:


I’ve watched:
- She’s The Man
- Yours, Mine, and Ours
- All I Wanna Do (STRIKE!)

I’ve been on a movie watching kick lately. She’s the Man was okay, but it’s a teenage chick flick. Yours, Mine and Ours was a family type movie, about a man and woman who get together and between them they have 19 kids… (uhm, ok?!) and Strike! is a movie that my sister loves and so I decided that I would give it a try. It was a little too… 1960’s for me, and that’s when the movie takes place, back in the 60’s. It was cute, but a little weird.

Today I decided that I am annoyed by my acrylic nails, so I’m taking them off tomorrow. I will go at some point and have them removed. I was going to refill them once more this Friday, but I decided against it. Just not in the mood to have them anymore, they are more of a nuissance than of anything useful. Yes, they are nice, but I just don’t like them anymore.

Today, I called up my tenant, to find out when exactly she was planning on paying me rent for the month of September (her lease is for the 1st of the month), and she decided tonight to tell me that after all, she won’t be keeping the apartment, and she will also no longer be paying me rent.

Uhm…. what!? Yes, you heard me correct.

I have a check that is dated July 3rd, (’first months’ rent) and you can cash a check up to 6 months after the date it’s written, so tomorrow I’m going to the bank to get it certified (to make sure that there is funds in the account). If not, I am debating whether to cash it anyhow. Yes, I’ll get a fee for a NSF check (Non sufficient funds) but, it’ll prove to the Regie Du Logement (french for rental board) that she is a bad tenant, and is withholding funds. I do have a paper signed that she does allow me to find new tenants, so legally that’s a good thing on my part. I’m just wondering now, if her check will be honored, and if I will be able to find some tenants immediately. My search for September is limited, but we’ll see what I can do. I have posted an ad on Craigslist again, and also on two university websites for off-campus housing. Maybe I can find 3-4 students to rent the apartment. Anything at this point, is better than the tenant I have.

And remember I mentioned that she called me on August 16th to tell me that she has decided to start moving stuff into the apartment, and has decided to keep the place? Well, I went upstairs today, to close the front porch door, (as it was raining and I don’t want water damage in the place) and she has not indeed moved anything new into the place. So, I don’t know what she is talking about. All that is in there, is a matress on the floor of one of the rooms, with a DVD player, and a tv on the floor as well. I noticed a Hydro bill (for electricity) on the counter, unopened (whch means she’s not even bothering to pay her electricity bills - as she has no idea how much it will cost her, since her bills are unopened) and is proven to NOT be a responsible person.

I’m so messed up right now, I have been angry for a couple of hours today.

I really hope I find new tenants… AND SOON. Why do I always get stuck with this kind of luck?? Things just are really crappy feeling right now. I know I will get through it, and I’m trying to not let it bother me, but it’s just so annoying… that’s all.

No comments: