Day Eighteen. Tackle it Tuesday.
This morning my mom went into the water with Sean because I didn't want to take the chance of getting even more sick. I am feeling better bronchitis wise, but now, I've got a nasty cold. Yummy. I'm hoping it goes away soon!
Remember I was talking about Sean making a face when he doesn't get what he wants? Well, above, is said "face".... It's like this devil face squish thing. Not really sure what to call it. But honestly, it makes me laugh every time he does do it!
Sean got a report card today at the end of class. He achieved everything this session and since he's not old enough to "move on" to the next level (He needs to be 2 years old), he'll be in the same session again, starting next week. It's so cute that he got a "report card". I'm putting it into his baby book.
I believe this is the last towel in the "Towel Collection". It's a cat towel. I hope you've enjoyed the towel collection series as much as I've enjoyed photographing them!
Upon finishing swimming I went to my mom's house with Sean. I did some sewing done while my mom took care of some things that she had to do, (I fixed a pair of Sean's pants as well as re-attached his mitten to the string he ripped it off of, so that we don't lose them). Upon leaving, I saw this beautiful gem just sitting on my mom's table, and she didn't know what to do with it. I was like "HELLO!" and I'm in love. Now I need somewhere to wear it to. Sean stayed at my parents house, so that I could go home and do work.
Upon getting home, there was some mail. First up, I received some leftover sock yarn love from Shelly. Thank you very much Shelly for passing on your leftovers. They will look great in Sean's Blankie and I will save some for Mackenzie's future blankie. (I do plan on making him one too!)
I also received samples of "Mini-skeins" from Perfect Day Yarns. I'm testing out her yarns with skeins that are just big enough for the blankies. (How perfect!) Sarah sells the mini-skeins in her shop.
And then I got started on my list of things to do. One of which, was to hang up Sean's first painting ever. Doesn't it just look BEAUTIFUL in our main floor hallway? It's in between 2 rooms, the dinning room and the living room/playroom. I'm just waiting for the first person to come over and ask me "Which Artist is that?" So that I can reply... "SEAN!" My little picasso! Mommy framed his first print. Mommy still has 2 more frames and will probably frame some more of his artwork! Why not! My upstairs hallway has nothing on the walls! I'm so fucking proud!
This is my first time participating in Tackle It Tuesday. However I really had four million things to do today while Sean was at my parents house.
I had a STACK of papers (bills, invoices, you name it), piling up since - oh, I don't know, October/November 2007 maybe. If not before. I sorted through it all (above is not even half of the piles that were all over the floor while sorting, but only what I could fit into the picture!) and got to organizing my papers.
And the end results an hour later? A clean filing cabinet, and a bunch of shredding papers going out in recycling tomorrow morning. There was a TON of papers that I also no longer needed, and had no idea why I was still hanging onto, so they all went out into the shredding machine. (Oh, I love my shredder!)
I managed to check a LOT of things off my list today. Sean ended up coming home around 7pm tonight and I am soooooooooooooo proud of all the things I got done. It's so hard to do things with Sean around, he doesn't like to play alone, so entertaining him allows me to get nothing done. I still have a million things left on my "To-do" list... but those will have to get accomplished another day. There's always tomorrow.
I did manage to sort through my button collection and pick out buttons for the Baby Surprise Jacket. Now all I have to do is sew the top and add on the buttons. I'm hoping to get to the sewing/finishing tomorrow, but if not, by the weekend I hope to have it accomplished. What do you think of my button selection?
I've been tagged. 6 Random Things Meme:
1. Link to the person that tagged you. (Amy)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (Check!)
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (See below).
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Here we go:
1. I've had the same email address at hotmail (my original one) since 1996. That's pre-historic!
2. I've been a driver for 10 years this month, 8 years with a full drivers license. I've only been driving stick since October 21, 2005 (the day I started this blog).
3. Sean and I brush our teeth together every morning. (At night, I do alone).
4. I secretly want to get my nose pierced. A small little stud would suffice.
5. I hate watching commercials.
6. I get bronchitis at least 2 times a year.
I tag.... YOU! Let me know if you do it!
Well, my nose is running, so I better go catch it. (I just want the runny nose to stop!) I wish I could take Tylenol Cold, but no.... not when you're pregnant you can't. Feck! I have a nose redder than Rudolph's....
Day Eighteen. Spent no money. Didn't really leave the house besides to go to Sean's swimming class. I'm proud that I got rid of the last four boxes in my office, and now I still have a few more things to organize/put away in my office, but the last of the boxes are gone! Oh, I'm soo happy. Only took 4 months....! (We moved exactly 4 months ago yesterday).
Alright, I'm going to go read a few pages and hit the sack. We have music tomorrow morning, providing I'm feeling 100% up to it. (I don't see why not.. unless my nose really does start to fall off).
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- ► 2010 (363)
- ► 2009 (367)
- march thirty-one :: 31 days :: the last day :: 26 ...
- march thirty :: 31 days :: day thirty
- march twenty-nine :: 31 days :: day twenty-nine
- march twenty-eight :: 31 days :: day twenty-eight ...
- march twenty-seven :: 31 days :: day twenty-seven
- march twenty-six :: 31 days :: day twenty-six
- march twenty-five :: 31 days :: day twenty-five
- march twenty-four :: 31 days :: day twenty-four ::...
- march twenty-three :: 31 days :: day twenty-three
- march twenty-two :: 31 days :: day twenty-two :: 1...
- march twenty-one :: 31 days :: day twenty-one :: 6...
- march twenty :: 31 days :: day twenty
- march nineteen :: 31 days :: day nineteen
- march eighteen :: 31 days :: day eighteen
- march seventeen :: 31 days :: day seventeen :: 24 ...
- march sixteen :: 31 days :: day sixteen
- march fifteen :: 31 days :: day fifteen
- march fourteen :: 31 days :: day fourteen :: 63 we...
- march thirteen :: 31 days :: day thirteen
- march twelve :: 31 days :: day twelve
- march eleven :: 31 days :: day eleven
- march ten :: 31 days :: day ten :: 23 weeks pregna...
- march nine :: 31 days :: day nine
- march eight :: 31 days :: day eight
- march seven :: 31 days :: day seven :: 62 weeks
- march six :: 31 days :: day six
- march five :: 31 days :: day five
- march four :: 31 days :: day four
- march three :: 31 days :: day three :: 22 weeks pr...
- march two :: 31 days :: day two
- march one :: 31 days :: day one
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)